Chapter 8 (Photo Shoot Gone Wrong?)

Start from the beginning

"It's in the genes, Chris." I said playfully.

Chris just laughed.

"Oh good you're here. We can do the couple shots now." Angela said.

"What do you need us to do?" Sam asked.

"Act as normal as possible. Act like you're just having a fun day at the beach." Chris said.

"I thought this was a couple's shoot?" I asked.

"Yah, it is, but I want to catch some stolen shots first." He said.

Well, who am I to argue? We just stood there like idiots for a while, when I took the first step. I splashed water on Spencer. That began the water fight. I don't really know how long it last. After Chris has gotten some pretty cool shots of the four of us splashing water at each other, and us doing some wacky stuff like Sam and me tackling the boys down and them getting back at us, he wanted to do the couple's shots already.

"There's a cave not far from here. I wanted to take some photos there." Chris said.

"Let's go then." Sam said.

When we got to the cave, I was amazed with what I saw. It was so beautiful. I can't believe nature can sculpt something this beautiful. They started taking some photos of Dan and Sam first. I swear they look so good together! After a few shots, it was our turn. Spencer and I posed a few poses, but Chris doesn't seem too satisfied.

"No, no, this won't do. There's no affection. It's all so distant." Chris said.

He thought for a few minutes then suddenly, he brightened up. 

"I got it! Spencer, look as if you were about to kiss Liza."

What?! No! Heck no! I looked at Spencer and saw that he was just as surprised as me.

"But Chris-" Spencer started

"No buts, Spencer, just do it."

Spencer sighed and wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me close. I was so stunned with that simple gesture. My heart started to pound loudly. I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach. Why is it every time I get this close with Spencer, I always feel this way? It's not right. I realized that I was staring at Spencer with wide eyes and began to look away.

"Liza! Don't look away! Stare right into his eyes and look in love." Chris said.

I looked at Spencer and can't help but stare back into his eyes. I think I'm losing it. I think.... I am falling for my brother.

=============================================================================

Chris shot some more pictures at the beach, thank god they weren't as close as the one a while ago at the cave. After the photo shoot, I immediately left the beach. I can't face Spencer knowing that I might be falling for him. But I can't. That just it. I can't. It's illegal to fall for your own brother!! What am I going to do? 

After walking for so long, I ended up sitting at a bench in the park. I just sat there until it got dark. I'm such a messed up person. Of all the people in the world, why does it have to be Spencer? I sighed in frustration and stood up. I'll just go home and lock myself in my room and try to straighten my mind out.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice the car heading straight for me. When I realized what was about to happen, I can't move my feet. I waited for the pain, but after a few minutes of waiting, it didn't come. I opened my eyes and saw a woman getting out of the car and walking towards me with a worried expression.

"Are you alright? I didn't bump you or anything did I? Does anything hurt? Oh my," The woman said.

"No, I'm fine really. I'm so sorry for that. I wasn't paying attention. I'm so sorry." I said.

The woman sighed in relief. 

"Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" She asked.

"Positive."

"Well then, why don't I treat you to dinner as my apology for almost running over you."

"Oh no it's not really necessary-" I began

"No, I insist." The woman said.

=============================================================================

She drove us to a nearby fancy restaurant. When I saw where she was taking me, I began to argue again.

"I don't really think it's neces-"

"Are we going to go through this again?" The woman said.

She's right. It's useless to argue with this woman. She's as stubborn as I am. But I feel as though I've known her for a very long time. I just can't remember how or who she is. I feel safe around her. It's official. I'm retarded. First, I fall for my brother. Now, I feel safe around a stranger who almost ran over me.

We walked into the restaurant and let a waiter lead us to our table.

"So, what would you like to eat?" The woman asked.

I looked through the menu the waiter gave me. 

"I don't really know. Why don't you pick something for me? I eat anything anyway." I told her.

She smiled and told the waiter our order. When the waiter left, she turned to me.

"I still don't know your name, darling." The woman told me.

"Elizabeth. Elizabeth Thompson, but you can just call me Liza."

"What a pretty name! Well Liza, I'm Valerie Crest." 

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Crest."

"Oh, no. Just call me Valerie."

I smiled. "Ok, Valerie."

The waiter came back with our drinks and left after setting it down on the table.

"Why were you so deep in thought a while ago anyway?" Valerie asked.

"I just, I had something in mind. I'm just so confused right now." I admitted

"You can always tell me you know. I might be a stranger now, but I would want to stay in touch. You remind me so much of myself when I was your age."

I laughed. 

"I would sure love to stay in touch. I've never met an adult as outgoing as you."

"Oh please, you make it sound like I'm so old." Valerie said.

"Aren't you?" I teased.

"Hey! If you must know I'm just 35 years old."

"Oh, really? I thought you were around 40 already."

I laughed, while she glared at me. The waiter appeared with our food. We talked and joked about stuff for the rest of the night. She even dropped me off at home. Valerie's really fun to hang out with. I feel like I've found a long lost relative.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 Please don't hate me for updating so late. :D

Vote and Comment :D