The Remedy Shop

Witch Trials to be held at 10 o'clock on Saturday, all town residents encouraged to be in attendance. -Salem Tribunal, Salem Massachusetts 2017

I couldn't believe it, I wouldn't believe it, not until I saw it with my own eyes.

~~~~

I stood outside town hall impatiently, continuously checking the time as I fidgeted nervously where I stood. It looked as though the whole town had shown up.

I mean who wouldn't, when witches were on trial.

This is probably why no one comes to Salem anymore, they're afraid of the witches, the legends.

There's a bunch of stories about the Salem witches. All are fake of course. But the trials were real. Whether or not they were real witches is another thing but the trials, they were real.

Just like our ancestors before us, we all piled into city hall, waiting for the show to begin.

Judge McKellen wobbled in, obviously somewhat intoxicated but who could blame him. Who would come to something like this sober?

The jury murmured to themselves whilst us audience members just sat around on our phones, happily playing Candy Crush or live streaming the entire trial.

We all fell silent as we heard a muffled scream emanate from the holding cells, which are just behind a door off to the side of the courtroom. Everyone stared in curiosity as the screams continued.

We all jumped a bit in surprise as two burly police officers dragged out four women, both dragging two. They dragged them by their hair and by the looks on they're faces they didn't care in the slightest if they were being humane or not.

All four women were shackled and bound together, so no one could run away I guess.

The officers dropped them where they sat, pretending not to notice as they grunted in pain.

Judge McKellen looked upon them in pure disgust,"Minerva Basinger, Amelia Grant, Penelope Madrigal, and Serenity Winchester. You have been accused of practicing black magic, attempted murder using black magic, and kidnapping. How do you plea?"

The woman who sat at the front of the quartet sat up straight and gritted her teeth,"Not guilty!" She spat.

Old Lady Lexie stood up from her seat and spoke in a furious rush, "You tried to kill my granddaughter!! Murderers! MURDERERS!!" She shouted as loud as her frail voice would go.

Judge McKellen banged his gavel against the dark oak wood of his bench and bellowed for everyone to be silent and seated. As soon as everyone sat like we were told, McKellen told the officers to bring forward Penelope.

Penelope looked drastically different from the other three. Aside from the fact that the other three sat in they're places, staring blankly ahead as if they were robots, Penelope did look different. While she had milk chocolate hair and emerald eyes, the other three all had blazing red hair and soulless grey eyes. While Penelope had her playful grin plastered on her face, the others just watched her intrigued. It's as if they weren't even human, just shells that followed her every command.

The first official came forward and looked over Penelope curiously. She batted her eyes and licked her luscious lips, being an evident tease.

The man gulped a bit and looked away, clearing his throat, "Miss Madrigal-"