"Who are you?"🖤

Edited-05/09/23-1268 words.

A/n- I'm alive boiii

okay, a warning- the first few chapters might be pretty shit because I need to get used to writing again, I hope they're not too bad though.

Also, I'll let you know what gender each chapter is directed towards. For example, this chapter is going to be directed for a female reader with a male crush. (does that make sense?...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"*your POV*"

The first day of a new school is always the worst. Seas of new faces flood my vision, it's hard to keep up with the diversity of people pushing past me to enter the building. For someone like me, a very shy person who hates social situations that I'm not used to, events like first days of school are nightmarish.

My (e/c) eyes started to wonder over the stone grey building before me, realising the complexity of my new environment is much higher than my last. Gripping my books tight and pushing my headphone that had fallen out back in, I shakily took small steps through the prison-like gates and into unknown territory.

The hallways were wide, but not wide enough to hold all the students. I kept to one side as I waded through the people, trying to stay out of the way as much as possible.
It was a noisy and boisterous atmosphere throughout the whole of the school. Screams and shouts echoed off of the dull walls, escalating the sounds of gossip and groans of teenagers and adults alike.
Suddenly, the bell screeched through the building and students began franticly speed walking to their respective classrooms. I whipped my head around, trying to make sense of the high-paced atmosphere the bell had created, I had no idea where I had to go for my first class, yet nobody was willing to help me. In the rush, I snagged my foot on another student, falling down and sending my things flying out in front of me.

I pushed my (h/c) bangs out of my eyes and looked around the now silent hallways. It was like I had tripped into a completely different universe, the tension remained, yet there was an odd comfort to the quiet and stillness of the once packed space. The walls were very decorative with posters and sign up sheets for various activities and clubs, as well as awards plastered everywhere they could, clearly trying to prove that it isn't the worst place in existence.
I removed my headphones and shoved them into whatever pocket was readily accessible and I began to messily collect my books and papers off of the pale blue floor, taking some deep breaths as I did so.

'Late to my first class on my first day. Just my luck.'

I stood up and braced myself as I turned the corner, not knowing what to expect, however I luckily came face to face with a large map of the school printed onto the wall. As I started to look over the different colour coded buildings, I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hall, it was probably another late student. I didn't take any interest in it until the footsteps became louder, clearly headed in my direction. I set my things on the cold floor and peeked around the corner.
As soon as my body had left the protection of the corner of the wall, I was knocked by somebody's body weight. Losing my balance, I crashed to the floor yet again, hitting my head in the process. I groaned and cursed from the pain as I rubbed my throbbing head.

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry!" I heard a smooth, yet rigid voice exclaimed. Papers started to shuffle as the mystery person started to pick up my things, muttering apologies and curses directed at himself.
Once my head had eased up, I started to help, but he insisted on doing it alone as a repayment for knocking me down.
He held his hand out so I could get up easier and I looked up at him, getting a look at his face for the first time and boy, he was very cute. (c/e/c) eyes and clean (c/h/c) hair. He was (tall/short) and had a look of worry on his face, although that emotion changed to confusion after a second of being able to properly analyse me as I was doing to him.
"Who are you?" he asked, sounding so curious, like I was alien to him.
I giggled and replied, "I'm (y/n), I just moved here and I'm trying to find the head masters office, but that's not going too well to be honest." I trailed off, picking my nails out of nervousness. "I've been knocked down and nobody was nice enough to help me up, some first day this has been." I say sarcastically.
Chuckling, he held his hand out for me to shake, which I promptly obliged. "Well luckily for you, I'm very nice, I'm (c/n), nice to meet you!" He smiled warmly.

"Nice name" I said, smirking while picking up the rest of my things that (c/n) hadn't got already. "thank you" he replied.

During the slow walk to the office, we got to know one another. It turns out we're pretty similar in our interests, yet there was a very comfortable unfamiliarity that im dying to lose.
To my disappointment, we had reached the wooden door with the dark lettering 'HEAD MASTER' printed on sooner than I wanted to. Time flies while we were talking. I never wanted these hallways to end. I wanted to keep taking in his perfect features. "Well, here we are!" (c/n) said, losing a bit of cheer in his voice.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it. It would have been impossible for me to find." This earned a breathy chuckle from (c/n). "I have been more than happy to chaperone you, milady." He replied, keeping up the flirty remarks that had me weak at the knees.
"umm... I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime? We can grab some food? As a thank you for saving me today" I said with a bit of stutter in my voice, clearly confirming that I was nervous. (c/n's) face lit up.

"I would love that, here, have my number and you can text me anytime you need me." He grabbed a random school book and ripped out a corner of the lined paper, he handed it to me with a few digits written on one side, on the other was a little note that read, 'Whenever you need me, no matter what it's about or what time it is, use this number, I'll always answer if your name pops up <3' my (e/c) eyes shot up to meet his loving gaze and he smirked.

"Well, you should probably go, text me after school." He said. Before he left, he lightly kissed my cheek with his soft lips and then ran off down the hallway, waving to me until he turned the corner out of my sight. I preceded to enter the door and internally smile until the end of the day with thoughts of (c/n) swimming in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n- I'm sorry this was kind of short, I have my options for my GCSE exams coming up on the 26th so I'm doing some research on that at the same time.

I hope you enjoyed this little thing and I'll see you next time

~Holly🖤