Is it my time?

So Nicole just told her parents she's lesbian. Now my parents think that I'm going to be so upset, which I'm not I'm proud of her for gaining the courage to tell them. I act upset so that my Mom and Dad won't ask any questions. I wish I had the courage that Nicole has but, sadly my result won't work out as great as hers did. I ate breakfast and quickly ran out the door before my Mom said anything to me. I met up with Nicole and hugged her. She smiled at me.

        "I'm so happy for you!" She smiles.

        "I'm surprised how easily my parents took it. I thought my Dad would have a heart attack haha but they accept it which means Brit can come over for dinner so my parents can meet her I'm so happy that I finally got this off my chest after I've been in the closet for so long" I haven't seen Nicole smile this much before. "Oh crap how did your parents take it?" I shrugged.

       "They think I'm extremely upset but I'm the exact opposite"

        "I'm sorry if I left a lot of stress on you now because it will be a little easier for your parents to figure out about Jacob"

        "It's okay I just need to be on the down low if I'm going to keep up my act. Even though you're not part of it anymore I can still try to avoid anything my parents can say about you."

        We finally get to school and I meet up with Jacob. Through out the day I kept trying to think about what to do now. I was screwed if I couldn't think of a clever plan to avoid getting caught. By lunch I thought my brain was gonna explode from thinking too much. I ate lunch with Jacob we started brainstorming until I notice the mood has changed.

        "Jacob what's wrong?" He has his head down and doesn't look at me.

        "What's wrong? What's wrong?! I'm tired of hiding Jake. My parents accept me and know about you why can't your parents do the same?" He put his head in his hands and I could hear him softly cry. I could feel my heart break with every tear that fell. I run up and hug him. "I'm tired of hiding our love. I don't want to do this anymore. You have to tell your parents or we're over" Jacob gets up throws his trash away and leaves me alone at the table. As much as I hate to admit it he's right.

        Jacob ignored me the whole day which made me depressed. Once I got home my parents knew something was wrong. They just assumed it had to do with Nicole. I layed in my bed and thought about what Jacob said. I made my decision.

        "Mom, Dad, can you guys come up here? I need to tell you something" I held my breath as I heard footsteps come upstairs heading to my room. I needed to let fate decide where to go from here.