Prologue

Once upon a long time, in a harsh and unforgiving land there was a wise and powerful king. The king had only one son, for he enjoyed the company of men more than the company of women. So he avoided his wife as much as he could.

His son was frail but cunning and quick unlike anyone before him. He became a general at a very young age and ruled alongside his father ever since.

His fathers council did not like him, let alone have him as heir to the throne, and to make matters worse he married a slave girl instead of a powerful daughter of a lord.

He was sent to war after a few years of his marriage, when foreign invaders that rode on horsebacks threatened the existence of every person in the kingdom.

In his absence, his gigantic uncle decided to poison the king, because he was not satisfied with the king's decision to make his son the heir.

When the prince returned , he was greeted by his uncle with a grand yet cheap feast to celebrate the end of war.

After being informed of the king's death, the prince tried to escape with his followers, only to see them hanging by their necks outside his mansion. He was later knocked unconscious.

***

When he woke up, he was at a table with his uncle and a few soldiers holding him to a chair. He was offered a plate which was covered by a filthy looking cloth. All the people were watching and laughing, the reason to it he didnt know.

He uncovered it to find his wife and child's head served with a slice of lemon on it.

"Eat my nephew, I want you to relish it all you can till you have time to" he said mockingly

Hearing those words he quickly tried to charge at his uncle only to get knocked out once again.

This time he found himself on a small boat, suprisingly not tied onto anything. Upon hearing footsteps he looked up to see his uncle making his way towards him. It took him everything not to strangle that piece of rotten shit

Before he could think over, he found himself muttering words he never imagined he would say to his own blood- "there will come a day when you all shall be happy and at peace and then I will come and choke you all on your happiness"

After saying that, not bothering to see their expressions, he sprinted towards the deck and jumped into the ocean.

Next when he woke up, he found himself on a shore with strange looking people staring down at him...