**9**

"Hmmm..." Lucy hummed in thought

It had been about two weeks since her return and everyone had begun to settle in their usual routine. The party they had first held was for her return and everyone ended up drunk. She was devastated when she heard what all the members had to go through in their absence and Fairy Tail jumped into action.

"Good morning, Lucy-sama" A voice said behind her

She turned around and was greeted with the smiling face of Freed. She smiled back, "You scared me, Freed. How many time do I have to tell you drop the honorifics. We known each other since you joined"

"I guess it's a habit" he said, looking at the request board "Were you trying to pick a job?"

She nodded and sighed, "Yes, but there's nothing I like or want go alone"

Freed glanced at her from the corner of his eye, all types of emotions on her face. It was cute to say the least and it made him smile. He looked at the board once again and his eye caught a request at the top. 'Deafeat two Wyverns in the neighbouring area, reward: 160,000 Jewels'. It looked quite perfect and would be for the both of them.

He turned to face her, "Hey, Lucy-sama" she looked up at him "I was wondering it you-"

He was cut off when Natsu came hurdling their way and crashed into Lucy

"Luce! Guess what, me and Happy found the PERFECT job!" he said excited "We can go like old times!" he cheere

"Wha-? Oh, yea just wait a second" she said, turned to Freed "Sorry, Freed, What were you saying?"

He looked back and forth between Natsu and Lucy, "Uhm, it's nothing" he turned on his heel "Have fun on your mission, Lucy-sama"

Lucy frowned "Okay, tell me when I get back?"

"Yeah"

Atfer Mira had accepted the mission and had wished them good luck, they set off. Lucy had quickly changed into a pair of black cut up skinng jeans, a dark blue crop top. Natsu wore his everyday outfit.

"I can't wait! I haven't been on a mission with anyone but Ice Princess and Erza"

Lucy giggled, "You go on missions with Gray? I can hardly picture you two not at each others throat's"

He shrugged and folded his arms, " We do, but Erza would be there and always beat the shit out of us, so we try not to" he said rubbing his neck

~skip~

"So what's the plan?" she asked

"Attack!" he shrugged

"You serious?" she asked, eyebrow raised

"Well, you got something else" she shook her head

Lucy and Natsu kicked out the doors to the Dark Guild. The mages all looked up in suprise and they used the momentum of their opening to immediately attack.

"Open! Gate of the Golden Bull, Taurus!" Lucy shouted

"Mooooooore Power! I will protect your lovely body, Lucy-sama" he shouted with heart eyes

"Yea, can you defeat these dark mages for me, Taurus?"

Taurus grinned and raised his axe as Natsu took a few mages out with fire lit punches and kicks. He smirked as a fire mages tired to burn him but only became scared, shaking as it had no aftect on him. He looked over at Lucy and Taurus were easily taking out a bunch of mages, with her help till one snuck up on her.

"Lucy, watch out!" he shouted running towards her

The mage released a dozen of arrows but before any of them could hit her. She turned and punched the ground and lighting shoot out from under breaking the arrows and shocking the mage in the process. To her luck another mage had the same magic as the other and shoot another round of arrows