🌌 T H E P R O G R E S S I O N

Thanks to such wonderful friends who have encouraged me to explore photoshop and mentored me through this whole process, I have just started the journey. Adobe photoshop cS6 extended was officially downloaded onto my computer on 12/11/16.

Freaking best day of my life haha.

It was like early Christmas.

So what did I do? I made fan art of one of my all time favorite OTPs.

Will I share? No, because I doubt that all of you will be able to handle such sewer, but after that I hit up my best friend, asked her to send a picture of her to me, with no explanation.

Used to my shenanigans, she unquestionably obliged, and I photoshopped her in the Artic next to a polar bear.

Did she ask for it? No. Did she appreciate it?

Possibly. She laughed at it for a while and posted it on her social media, so I guess. I would love to post one of very first pictures here, but I doubt that she would be happy I post a picture of her face on Wattpad.

So here was the second photo I had ever done:

I wanted to try something different, so I made a scene from my book, "Finding Winter"

I wanted to try something different, so I made a scene from my book, "Finding Winter". It literally took me hours to figure out all of the controls- because I am a very impatient person and refused to watch an hour tutorial of photoshop on YouTube, but I eventually discovered the 'fx' tool.

I discovered shadows, glow, and manipulation. It was fun... but much cursing and table banging.

At this time, as you could see, I have not figured out how to make fonts all pretty like. Bleh.

Then after a week or so when I calmed down, I created this:

This was the second attempt at some fan art I wanted to make for a dear friend, RachelS8766

This was the second attempt at some fan art I wanted to make for a dear friend, RachelS8766. I am FREAKING in love with her book, so I HAD to make something.

Then after like several weeks after that, I had a random creative splurge and wanted to try making a cover for one of my future books. Also, it was the opportunity to use some photos I took from Korea in the covers, so I did it.

So ticked off at this cover still

Like it doesn't look like 'Nighthawk'. It looks like freaking 'NIGH THAWK'. Seriously, if I wasn't Asian myself, I would have gotten freaking offended because how generically Asian does that sound for a title. I dare you to say it out loud. Just say it and you know what I mean.

I want to do a re-do. I mean... at least I FINALLY discovered how to do fonts all pretty like... but still. Why the hell did I have to make it so damn purple for?

The world may never know.

And after a few days of cooling off from that nightmare, I decided to go back at it again and splurge into a vortex of misery, agony, and straight up heat. Like, you do not want to talk to me while I am making these covers.

I get so impatient because I don't know what buttons do, but I somehow spat out three today (1/12/16).

So I tested out a few styles today

Creating a simplistic cover was harder than I thought. I was like, 'oh, it shouldn't be that hard to create something that is simple but still hot; won't be a big deal'. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Freaking WRONG.

Manipulations are getting a bit easier. I honestly do not know what is going on in that photo. The girl looks like someone straight from a fantasy novel, and then you got some freaking epic space battle going on in the background. WHO KNOWS.

And don't even get me started on the third one. What style is that? I have NO CLUE. Someone, please, tell me. I was trying to be all 'hipster', 'minimalistic', and 'cool', but WTF IS COOL ABOUT A JELLY FISH.

Sorry, I need to chill. I'm still a bit worked up from my earlier photoshopping sessions today.

But then after creating those and the cover for this, I decided to jump into the real world. Get some requests. Get practicing.

Now we are in the....

P R E S E N T

Now, cheers to the future and work that will hopefully be non-shit.