1

A/n- Tyler's cover of Build me Up Buttercup goes with the story :) Also, you and Tyler are 16

•Y/n's POV•
_______________________________

"Y/n, get up! You're going to be late!" I woke up to the sound of my moms voice. I shot my head up, realizing the time. 8:30... shoot. I only have 10 minutes to get ready.

I ran downstairs, which I probably shouldn't have done considering I bumped into the walls a few times on the way. I even tripped over the last step, stumbling a bit once I reached the floor.

"That's what you get for waking up so late," I heard a familiar voice chuckle. I twisted around to see Tyler sitting on my couch. Oh, how he loved to tease me over every little thing. Sometimes it really annoyed me, especially in the morning, but I loved him for it anyway.

Tyler and I had been best friends for as long as I could remember. We met when I was only six years old, so we'd grown close to each other after all the years. We're with each other all the time, literally. If I'm not at my own house, I'm probably at his. His family is a second family to me.

"You're mean." I pouted, and a stupid smirk curved in the corner of his lips. He was really so annoying sometimes. I hated it. Yet at the same time, I loved it.

"Hurry up and get ready, you're going to make us late!" He exclaimed, motioning his hands for me to go away and get ready.

"Fine."

I trudged my way upstairs, going to my room to change my clothes. I threw on a band shirt that Tyler had gotten me and a pair of black shorts. I then hurried back downstairs, nearly tripping again because of how clumsy I was. By the time I arrived back to Tyler, I was almost out of breath.

"Let's go!" he said grabbing his black backpack which was lying on the arm of the couch. I took mine too, and slipped on a pair of vans before leaving.

"Bye Mom!" I yelled across the house. Tyler opened the door and we both walked out, slamming it behind us. School was only a few minutes away, so we normally walked together. If Tyler happened to be absent one day, my mom would drive me, because I guess walking there alone wasn't safe.

"So do you wanna come to my house after school?" Tyler asked with a smile, his eyes lighting up with excitement. I found it cute that he still had to ask me to come over. Of course I would, I always would.

"Yeah, sounds good."

He nodded in response as we both continued our way towards our school.
_______________________________