Part 2

JARROD's HOUSE - MORNING - INT.

JARROD is sitting in the dining room reading a newspaper with the morning headline reading "Ten Dead, 27 Injured in Attack on Brigade Party." The radio in the background is playing the news.

NEWS REPORTER

Despite nothing being confirmed, Dustin Reinheart, the leader of Idiot Army is blaming the Brigade and their leader, Jarrod Sands. This tension could not come at a worse time, as a peace between their two nations had finally seemed to be achieved. We now go live to the building where the attack happened.

KARLIA walks through the back door. JARROD gets up and immediately throws her to the ground.

JARROD (angry)

I said not to be seen! What is so hard about that?!

KARLIA

I'm sorry, sir. One of the guards snuck up on me.

JARROD

Your armor is one of the best in the world. Almost nothing compares. It has to have SOMETHING to tell you where people are!

KARLIA

It was created before Inoro had thermal vision built into the visors! I had to rely on my senses!

JARROD

Well now, thanks to your failure to not be seen, Dustin is growing hostile again!

JARROD begins to walk away, clearly angry. KARLIA rises to her feet.

KARLIA

John might still be alive.

JARROD stops immediately.

JARROD (quietly)

...What?

KARLIA

When I searched through their computers, they kept mentioning an entity called "Angel". Based on the reports, she has been around since after the collapse of Inoro. A mercenary.

JARROD (turns around)

So, what makes you think it's John?

KARLIA

Well, according to what I found, Angel tends to take contracts from Idiot Army quite frequently. She also seems to have similar abilities as John.

JARROD

So she's a Changeling. And her Essence is red?

KARLIA nods.

KARLIA

Red isn't an exclusive color, but it links her to John even more.

JARROD sighs.

JARROD

I thought this loose end was taken care of, KARLIA.

KARLIA

I did, too.

JARROD

If he really is out there, if Dustin and I finally come to blows, we both know which side he'll take. We can't let this happen. I want you to get all of our intelligence networks on this. I want to know if this is real or not.

KARLIA

Where would you have us look? He could be anywhere.

JARROD goes to a drawer and pulls a map out marking the territories of Idiot Army and the Brigade. JARROD rolls it out on the table.

JARROD

You said this Angel was a mercenary after Inoro collapsed?

KARLIA