Year 1 - Chapter 1: It's Time

September 1, 1989

Remus Lupin leaned against the doorway of the eleven year old girl he had taken on the responsibility of raising. She was only two years old the night she was brought to his house by one of his best friends.

It wasn't easy raising the daughter of Sirius Black. At times he would think to himself that she wasn't growing up fast enough and he couldn't wait to send her to school. Today was one of those days he felt the opposite. As he stood there watching her pack, sipping his hot chocolate, all he could think about was how she'd grown up too fast. She gave him nine incredible years of company. He would miss her fiercely.

"Are you sure I can't help any?" He asked her for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yes, I'm almost done. Besides, you should be resting," her long black curls bounced as she shook her head.

"I'm rested enough. Your hot cocoa works miracles. Anyway, your first day of Hogwarts doesn't come everyday."

"Yeah," she responded sadly.

"What's wrong?" Remus placed his mug on her desk and embraced her.

"I just wish my mum and dad could be there."

"Me too, Snuffles," memories of all the times he spent with her parents flooded his mind. He was sad she barley remembered them.

"Uncle Remus?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you for everything. There's nobody else I'd rather have take me to the platform instead of my parents."

"Do you even know anyone else?"

"I'm trying to be serious!" she pulled away from his arms to fold her own.

"I know, you want to be just like your dad."

She rolled her eyes.

Remus told her everything the day she turned eleven. He told her how her mom died. He told her how her father was imprisoned and why. He told her he honestly wanted to believe Sirius was innocent, but there was a chance he wasn't. He figured it was better for her to hear from him than some kids at school. She needed to know who her father was, and how her mother died, even if it was intimidating. She took it well. She always had been a strong girl.

"I'm ready," she stood up straight, trying to pick up her suitcase that was nearly bigger than herself.

"I guess it's time then, Snuffles. Off to the fireplace."

A/N Please Vote and Comment if you are enjoying! I absolutely love hearing from readers! Thanks! ❤️

Legacy (Sirius Black's Daughter || Fred And George Weasley)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara