Er ist tot, aber es tut mir leid.

Only being a few yards away from the calming river, you will see a mix of damp leaves, dry leaves, old and living, with a mixture of animal and hunter tracks uniting the damp leaves to the ground. As I walk, hearing the dampened crunch of the leaves and the slurp of pulling my feet out of the mud, all of it flies back. The barking, the whining, the 2 A.M. clean ups start to cloud my mind, filling up the whiteness of my mind slowly becoming a dark, ominous, scary place. I hear his paws running across the kitchen linoleum, i hear my sobs on the dark wood floor as my dad tells me he died on December 22nd, I hear his incessant barking though I miss it, his whines, his barks, the quality time we'd spend while I cleaned him. I open my eyes, the rain slowly starting again, auditory, i saw the gentle droplets hit all the leaves, slowly running down the stem as if it's a cheesy indie film but could hear nothing. I approach the undisturbed clearing covered in leaves as if no one touched it, but i know he's disturbed, he's lost and confused, but no one can help him now. Feeling his paws against my legs once again, seeing his smiling face looking up to me. It's gone though, i see it, the place no smaller than a bunny's nest but no bigger than a dog's grave. I feel the sudden rush, it feels like the wind picked up and forced me to my knees. I looked down at the now uncovered grounds, i saw my hands red, blistering red. It was cold and dark, I felt my breath against my cheek. I felt the sudden rush of pure melancholy. The howling of the wind nullified my screaming, the tears, the begging, the pure and utter agony. It all stopped, I heard him. Where was he? Then, like it started, it ended. The light grew back slowly absorbing my vision, my pupils shrinking, I can almost hear the camera zooming out, like one central to an artistic, but bad student film. I wiped my tears off my cold cheeks, I blew my breath onto my hands trying to warm them, the colour began to flow into my hands, the tiny pricks of pins and needles begins to slowly fade. I wiped the dirt off of my knees, then it went white.