Chapter 6

Poppy hurried to Branch's bunker to find him standing outside with a rose in his hand.

Before she could utter a word, he started.

"Twenty years ago, seeing a rose would've sent me into hysterics because it was what I sang into when my grandmother was taken from me.
I had what you can probably call an epiphany earlier this morning. Why hold on to the past when the future is so much better and brighter?"

He took a few steps closer.

"My future which is hopefully.......you."

Poppy was at an absolute loss for words. She might've been naive at times but his message was clear. What he said next only confirmed it.

"Remember that I had something to say on our date? I wanted to tell you that I love you, Poppy." he finished a bit shyly.

A bright smile lit up the pink troll's face. Before either of them knew what was happening, Poppy was in front of Branch gently cupping his face and placing a tender kiss on his lips.

Branch was surprised to say the least. The actual love of his life was kissing him and he was kissing back and wow is this real?

After a few more seconds they pulled away slightly.

"I love you too Branch." Poppy whispered.

The pair were so immersed in each other that they almost didn't hear the chorus of 'awws' behind them.

"Our ship has sailed! I can die
ha-a-appily now!" Guy Diamond said dramatically. Despite his antics he was truly happy for the duo. Everyone was.

"Finally! We've been waiting since forever for you guys to get together." Suki said with a grin.

Branch and Poppy were practically the color of a tomato. They couldn't believe their friends sometimes!

"In light of all the good and bad that's happens, I think we deserve a party!" exclaimed Cooper.

Cheers of 'yeah!' and 'alright!' were heard and Poppy, being the party lover she is, couldn't agree more.

"Then it's settled! We start preparing now!" she announced.

While the rest of their friends ran of to set up the party, Poppy bashfully looked at Branch.

"So.... Are we together now...?" she asked. She's never felt this awkward asking a question in her life!

Branch smiled. She was so cute!
"If you want to be, then yes we are." he replied.

Poppy shot him a smile. "Okay." she said breathlessly.

They stood there, staring into each other's eyes with dopey looks on their faces.
Only God knows how's Branch managed to snap himself out of it.

"We should um..... g-go help them with party planning and stuff. " he stuttered.

Poppy giggled in response. "Yeah, let's go!"

-----------------
It was finally time for the party and Branch was on cloud nine. He felt overwhelmingly happy to the point where he didn't know what to do with himself.

He was a bit apprehensive about going to the party but if he didn't, Poppy would be sad. He couldn't let that happen like the many times before. Especially since they just made their relationship official.

So he dragged his butt to it and joined his girlfriend and the rest of the snack pack upon arrival.

---------
The party was wild and loud. DJ Suki played some of the best tracks she had and the crowd was going crazy! Poppy had invited the Bergens too and they enjoyed themselves just as much.

Coming down to the middle of the celebration, Poppy grabbed everyone's attention.

"Good night everybody, we decided to throw this party to celebrate our safe return from the incident a few days ago. I wanted to publicly thank my friends though, especially Branch, for saving me. I really don't know what would've happened without them."

The crowd cheered for the team of the Queen's rescuers.

"Also, this is just a heads up. You all might have a new king soon. Can't do all the work alone now can I?"
She found Branch at the front of the crowd and winked at him.

All eyes landed on Branch and they cheered. He even got some pats on the back. His face was on fire, talk about being the center of attention!

Poppy had mercy on him, thank goodness. Even though she was the one who put him in that situation.

"Okay everybody! Who's ready to party some more?!" she shouted.

The crowd roared.

Branch was actually having a great time. What made it better though, was when Poppy came to dance with him. At the end of it all, she planted a kiss on him in front of everyone, but Branch was too happy to care.

--------
Unknown POV

That should be me..... Me!

It's not fair......I was the one who was there the most...

_____________
The End

You guys can throw rocks at me now because I took so LONG to update.

So this is it! Yep.

I really hoped you guys enjoyed this short story! Thank you for reading/commenting/voting angels ❤