Chapter 2

Two days. Two days he's been trying to avoid Suki, Satin and Chenille. If they corner him they'll nag him about his little slip up, then they'll want him to talk about his feelings. Which is something he's not so awesome at.

He was currently holed up in his bunker munching on some berries when he heard a faint knock at his door. He snorted. Definitely not Poppy.

"Who is it?" he called.

"Hey Branch, it's Suki. Mind coming out here so we can talk a bit?"

Shoot. He knew it was only a matter of time before any of them came to his house. Didn't think it'd be this soon though.
He let out a sigh of defeat.

"Uh, okay hold on I'm coming." he said flatly.
He grudgingly went to meet her.
When the two were facing to face, she didn't waste any time.
"Soo I just wanted to confirm something. You like Poppy right?"

At this point it would be ridiculous to lie.
Branch sighed. "Yeah, yeah I do. "
"I KNEW IT. HAHA Satin and Chenille are gonna LOVE this!" she smirked triumphantly.
"Thanks for your time Branch!" she said, walking away with a smile on her face.

Branch groaned. He could only hope they didn't tell her anything. She didn't feel the same way and if she found out, their friendship would be ruined.

-----------------

Poppy sat on her bed mulling over one memory from two days ago. She had parted ways with her friends after Branch suddenly left and she barely saw him since! He acted so weird sometimes....
Lately her turquoise friend had been plaguing her thoughts. She found herself admiring his smile and longing to see it more. She somehow always ends up at his home whenever she decides to take a walk. She always feels so.... Safe around him.

Before she could analyze her strange thoughts, she was interrupted by her father's voice. "Good morning Poppy! Can I come in?"

"Sure Dad!"
Peppy entered his daughter's room and immediately hugged her. "How's my little girl today?"

"Daaad, I'm not seven any more!" Poppy giggled.

Her Father chuckled. "I'm just teasing. So is everything okay? You seem a bit off." Peppy had noticed his daughter's not as happy demeanor when he walked in.

"I'm okay. Something's just been on my mind lately."
Peppy looked at her with sympathy. He wanted to know what it was so he could help but he decided to let her solve this one on her own.

"Well whatever it is, I hope you sort it out soon my dear. Remember that I'm also here to listen if you want." he smiled warmly at her.

"Thanks dad."

Just then, Satin and Chenille practically burst into her room.

"Oh! Good morning Peppy! Can we borrow Poppy for a bit?" asked Chenille.

"She's all yours girls. I've got to step out now anyway. Goodbye!"
"Goodbye!" the three chorused.

As soon as Peppy was gone, the twins smiled.
"So Poppy, we've got a question for you." Satin asked.

"Sure, what is it?"
"How do you feel about Branch?" they asked in unison.

Poppy was taken aback by their question.
"Well..... I think he's caring, selfless.... He's got a beautiful voice. Not to mention his hair, so vibrant! I feel like I wanna be around him all the time. He... He makes me feel safe."

The twins were surprised by her honest answer. "Woah. Sounds as if you LIKE him." said Chenille.

Poppy's eyed widened in realization. So that's what it was!

"I.. I think I do."

"Poppy has a crush! Poppy has a crush!" they chanted.

"She wants to kiss Branch!"
"Have him by her side!"
"Make love to-"

"OKAY OKAY!"
Poppy's cheeks were hot. She was probably red as a tomato by now!

The twins giggled. They wondered if Suki had accomplished her mission.
They really wanted to find out, so they  left Poppy to stew in her own embarrassment and went to meet their other friend.

------------
"So does Branch like her?!"
They were eager to know if they were right.
"Yep! And I assume Poppy likes him back?" Asked Suki.

"You got it!" said Satin.

"We've gotta let the others know! Those two need to get together already!" exclaimed Chenille.

So with that, they set off to inform their other friends. They'll come up with a plan that'll get them to confess their feelings no matter what!

__________

Second chapter yayyy!
I wonder what they'll come up with?