Chapter 9

After a few hours of singing songs and talking, Jared said that it was getting very late and that we should get back to our cabins. Walking me all the way back, I had to admit was a bit nice of him (it is really scary in the dark).

"Well, here we are. Cabin number one." Jared told me as I began walking up the steps.

I then turned to him and said, "Thanks for walking me back, and... thanks for tonight. I actually had a little fun."

"My pleasure. You know, you actually looked like you were having fun. I'm glad I was able to bring the fun out in you."

"Yeah, well... I guess I better get to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

As I was about to enter my cabin, Jared stopped me by saying, "Is that really how we're gonna end this? Not one hug, kiss on the cheek, nothing?"

I then gave it a thought before nodding my head. "Yeah, pretty much. Night." I tell him as Jared grabbed me by the waist and brought me down to his level.

I was very shocked by his behavior but not as uncomfortable as he made me when he looked me right in the eyes. Breathing very heavy, he kept looking at me, wanting to say something but couldn't find the right words to say; then out of nowhere, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close until I couldn't see him anymore. My face was now buried in his shoulder as he squeezed me tightly.

"Thanks for staying, Katie. I'm really glad to have you as a friend." Jared told me as I closed my eyes and took in his scent – the scent of fading body wash which smelt really good.

"I'm glad I stayed, too." was all I could say for I was still in shock over this whole hugging ordeal.

I don't know why, but I really thought he was gonna kiss; just by the way he was looking at me and acting, I really thought it was gonna happen. When he finally released me, we parted as I began feeling very strange inside (the very familiar strange).

"Well, goodnight, Katie. Sleep well." Jared told me as he began walking away.

"You, too." I said back before putting a hand on my stomach which felt like it was tying in knots.

After walking into the cabin, I locked the door and set my keyboard case beside my bed before grabbing my pajamas and changing into them. All during the night, I had that strange feeling in my stomach. I hadn't felt this way in a very long time... No! It must be some stomach bug or something, because that thing I'm thinking of is not even physically possible.

When I was finally able to get some sleep, I was quickly woken up by the sound and force of Hannah who practically tried dragging me out of bed, but I wasn't letting her have it.

"Girl, come on! Mark just texted me, Shannon Leto is about to have the first ever drumming lesson. So come on, get dressed, and lets move!" Hannah told me as I looked at her with this sickly look. Hannah quickly changed her tune as she bent down beside my bed. "Are you okay? You look very pale and out of sorts."

"No, I think I caught a stomach bug or something. I'll be fine, but you go, have fun. I'm gonna get some more rest and maybe join up with you later." I tell her as Hannah felt my head and determined that I wasn't sick.

"Hm... you're not running a fever or anything. It's probably just a stomach bug or something – like you told me. Well, I guess I'll let you rest then. Be back later." Hannah told me as I nodded.

As soon as she left, I closed my eyes and tried fighting that stomach pain but it was just to strong, and now that I'm alone, I had the freedom to talk about my problems out loud.

"Come on, Katie. Snap out of it. You cannot like somebody you only just met a few days ago. Besides, you're not ready to get back on that horse, yet." I tell myself, trying hard not to cry over the growing pain in my stomach.