preface.

Wow, this is cringe-worthy. Here we go again, as I publish this story once more. This story was my first ever "novel". Of course, it's fanfiction, so there's that, but it was the first story I ever wrote that was any sort of significant length.

I still have fond memories of this fic, and the time I spent writing it. It's kind of the thing that got me started writing. It was the first thing that was evidence that I could write something more than just short stories. Yeah, it's only fanfiction. And maybe it's not even that good. (I mean...it was written back in my early high school days...) But it means something to me, so I've decided to put it up once more.

As you're reading, if you'd consider voting and commenting to let me know what you think, I'd be very grateful. I'm trying to work on being more interactive with my readers as well; I'm super shy so I don't always initiate well, but if you want to chat with me about nerdy stuff in the comments, or ask a question about this fic or writing in general, I'd love to talk with you. :) Also, voting and commenting helps other readers find my story and shows them that it's something they might enjoy, so I'd appreciate it very much if you wanted to help me out in this way.

Anyway, I hope you can at least somewhat enjoy this product of younger fangirl me. (Actually, who am I kidding? I'm still just as much of a fangirl as ever.)

So, without further ado,

Happy Reading!

-titanically/micah

PS: NO 'CLINT BARTON HAS A WIFE AND KIDS' COMMENTS. THIS WAS WRITTEN WAYYYY BEFORE THAT WAS REVEALED IN THE MOVIE-VERSE OK. 

Also sorry to Steve fans and Bruce fans. At the time I wrote this, I really didn't know how to handle either of their characters. By extension, Bruce hardly appears at all, and Steve is constantly pining for Peggy. Whoops. Apologies.