Chapter 3

We walked out of school laughing and talking, heading towards his car. I had decided to take him back to my house today and listen to music, dance, and just talk and have fun. We were on Martina McBride's Happy Girl when I got a call from my dad at the same time as Brandon got a call from who knows who. We went to separate rooms and when I went to my room, my dad started to talk.

"Hi sweetie, I had to take another call at the towers, the station thinks something is about to go on and need fire support. I won't be home for another couple of days to a couple of weeks. I miss you. Also, one thing about your mother was she was also so stubborn when she thought something needed to be done or she wanted to go do something with me. I got to go, Bye sweetie."

"Oh, OK, I'll miss you too. See you when you get back, oh and I have been getting rides to and from school from Brandon and we have been hanging out a lot. Bye, I love you."

I walked back out to see Brandon packing up. "Where are you going Brandon? My dad has to take more days in center city, so you can stay over tonight if you want!" I was eager to have someone with me and not be all alone like I have been for my entire life.

"Sorry, but my aunt wants me to go to the center city with her because she is sick. I'll miss you. sorry about your dad." Brandon told me out of the blue and he pulled me in for a kiss. "I can't resist, Pearl will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course" We kissed and he was sweet and gentle with my lips. He pulled back as he left and a tear came to my eye. Someone actually liked me for the girl I was and he had to leave for a few days. I will be alone. GREAT.

What will happen to Pearl's Dad and her first and brand new boyfriend? Will they come back before Pearl gets too sad or will she be left alone? Find out in the next chapter of Finding Myself.

I hope you guys are liking my story and that you will continue to read it. Thanks so much.