Chapter 7

I don't know how I got through that night, but I did. It's now the next day, and I really don't want to go to work, but I have to. I already missed a day this week. As I roll out of bed, I carefully pick out my outfit. It's pretty nice and sunny out today, so I wear a white crop top, with a white lace skirt that goes down to my knees, and some brown wedges. I curl my hair and put on the brown fedora that I wore last night. In case you haven't noticed, I love this hat!

(what Pip is wearing THIS chapter besides shoes, fedora, and her purse

(what Pip is wearing THIS chapter besides shoes, fedora, and her purse. Ik I do this a lot but I love it and I love Taylor Swift so!!)
I grab my purse, make myself a coffee, grab a granola bar, and start walking to the theatre. Last night was kinda a blur, I just remember the truth or truth game, then walking out from the theatre, an emotional wreck. I haven't talked to anyone since.

I sign autographs, and take pictures with fans before I go inside. When I do, everyone stares at me. I just walk straight to my dressing room. I set my purse down and flop on the couch. Renee and Jasmine aren't here. I sigh. This is gonna be a rough day.

I have a silent pity party for myself, until I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I say. I sit up, to see a tired Lin. It looks like he hasn't gotten any sleep. "You okay? You look extremely tired." I say, as I get up, to stand in front of him at the door.

"I didn't get any sleep," Lin says. I was right, "Vanessa found out about the kiss. And she's filing a divorce." I look down, "I'm sorry to hear that." Lin just continues, "She's being really great about it, she's gonna let me see Sebastian, and she's not gonna tell the public that I kissed you."

I nod. "Nobody has talked to me today. I just feel so lonely." I say. "I'll talk to you. I won't make you feel lonely." Lin says, smiling when I look back up at him. I smile gently and nod again.

We walk out of the dressing room, and I see Jasmine and Renee sitting talking to Oak and Daveed. They don't notice so we just continue to walk.

I soon hear Eph snicker, "What were y'all doing in there? Havin' a secret makout session?" This causes a lot of the cast in the room to turn their heads. "Oh, ya! Haha, Eph! Very funny! I don't think you realize you're poking fun at the sweetest person in the entire universe, and the man you owe your job to! So funny, though!" Lin says sarcastically. I start giggling histarically. Lin sees that I finally started laughing for real, then he takes my hand, I cup my hand around my mouth to keep from laughing.

He starts running as he holds my hand close behind. "Pippa?!" I hear Renee call for me as Lin sweeps me away. We pass by the stage. "Lin? Pippa? We have a show in two hours!" Tommy Kail says, as he's rehearsing something in the pit with Lac. "We'll be back!" He says as he waves and quickly starts running again. "Where are we going, Lin-Manuel Miranda?!" I yell. "To all you're favorite places." He says, as he takes me out the stagedoor. There's no fans there anymore, since all the cast is already in the theatre.

We walk run through the crowd of walking people, all the way to a nearby McDonald's. I gasp. "Yes!!" I say as I stare at the bright light up letters, spelling the company's name. "C'mon. Let's eat!" He says, as he runs inside. I chase after him.

He paid for our meal at McDonald's, which was incredibly sweet of him. I love how he does that. But, I will pay him back later. "Okay. Where are we going now?" I say as we walk three steps out of the McDonald's. "I was thinking..Central Park. We have an hour and forty minutes." He says.

I jump up and down and nod in excitement. He smiles and says lets go. We race there, and we run around like maniacs. Some people there know who we are, so they ask us for pictures. It's always nice meeting fans.

As we finish up our adventure in central park. I look at the time. "30 minutes until we should go back to get changed." I say. "Okay, this trip will be quick, I swear." Lin says as we run towards Broadway street.

We walk to a place that always makes me cry. Trinity Church. Where Eliza and Alexander are buried. I start to whimper when I see them together. Lin side hugs me, and says, "Just thought it would give you a little inspiration. For all that you're going through." He says.

We leave the church, and make our way back to the Richard Rogers. My lace skirt is bouncing around as I skip up and down. Lin just made my entire week that much better.

We walk in to everyone chatting and laughing about something we missed. They all go silent. "They they are! The secret lovers that have been gone for the past 2 hours!" Sydney shouts. I make a upset face at the comment.

"Pippa?! Why didn't you answer Renee and I's texts?!" Jasmine asks, sort of shouting. I whip out my cracked phone from when I dropped it the other night.

67 unread messages from Renee❤️ and Jazzy💛

"Sorry..I wasn't checking my phone." I try to explain. Renee just scoffs. Fury builds up inside me. "Well, you guys maybe could have at least acknowledged me today if you wanted me here so bad!" I shout. People look shocked at me yelling. They've only ever heard me scream in the 'Stay Alive Reprise'. I've never really directly gotten mad at someone.

Renee looks hurt, but, to be completely honest, I don't regret. I've been a sweet, innocent, woman who never sticks up for herself for too long! I storm off into my dressing room. Where I put on my costume, do my hair and makeup by myself. It may seem like my life is crumbling into pieces..but it's not. I feel like it's just getting stronger.

******

1,000 words wowie!!! thank you for reading!! I honestly loved writing this chapter except I'm not sure if I like it please give feedback.btw Lin and Pippa aren't together in this chapter because this might be misleading.😂

xo.