Chapter 4

My maid's name was Gabrielle. She had wavy brown hair and beautiful grey eyes. I didn't like the idea of bathing with a stranger watching. I guess I didn't have any other choice. I got in and Gabrielle started scrubbing me with soap. I told her I could do it alone but she wouldn't budge.

A stranger gave me a bath. How pleasant.

When we were done, she gave me some clothes to put on and left the room. It was a simple galaxy-blue colored dress that matched my deep blue eyes. I struggled to put the dress on, since I don't have much practice putting dresses on. After about 20 minutes had passed, I had the dress on. Now the shoes. Gabrielle had given me some ugly bright blue high heels with big, bright bows on the front.

She thought I was going to wear these? I opened every drawer in the bathroom and soon found some dark blue converse. I slipped the high top converse on my feet and opened the door for Gabrielle who was waiting outside to do my hair. I let her brush it and put some clips in it, but I wouldn't let her do any more. I love having my hair done, but considering the shoes she had given me I knew my hair would be way too complicated.

"What are you wearing on your feet, girl?", Gabrielle asked me in disgust.
"Shoes." I simply said.
"You can't wear those. Take them off and put on the ones I gave you. Now, where did you put them?" She bent down looking for them all over. Jokes on her, I destroyed them and threw them out the window. It was time to go and I wasn't going to wait on her. I walked downstairs for dinner. I was already late, since I couldn't put a dress on.

I walked downstairs casually. They were all waiting on me, eating the bread as an appetizer while waiting. I sat down at the long table. I was sitting at the head of the table opposing the man.

"Alright. All of you, my name is Kohen. I will teach you the proper way to do everything, more information will be provided soon."
Bria had bright red hair, and now that it was washed, it looked even brighter. The girl named Clair had blonde hair and pale blue eyes and Kaia had golden hair with grey eyes.

After we had finished our meals, Kohen wanted to talk to us.

This can't be good.

"Alright, it's a long story. You all know the Princess of Fryna and that se disappeared, right? Well, she died. And the kingdom won't be the same without her. We will be going to the castle pretending to be Princess Ella. One of you will succeed and become the Princess. The other two- well, we all know what will happen to them. Understood?" Kohen said threateningly. "Also, I will be training you to be Princesses. We will be doing lessons each day starting tomorrow."

"How do you know she's dead?" I asked, still not regretting a thing I had said. Kohen simply glared in my direction.

Kohen then ordered us to go to our room, which we will be escorted into by our maids.

When we got to our rooms, we each sat on the bed we wanted. I got the one in the middle, each one on either side of me. Our maids came in and changed us into night clothes and ordered us to get some sleep.

I closed my eyes tight and hugged the sheets of my bed. I felt so horrible. I had forgotten about Jaron, how I had left him behind. He was the only one who had actually welcomed me. He was my only friend. I instantly got an idea.

In the middle of the night, I found the key to the window in our room. I opened the window silently, but I was still worried. I did this all the time, but not at a three story house. I was an excellent climber, not to brag. I can grip onto anything at all, you name it. The cobblestone and moss leading up the ginormous house was amazing to grab on. The star light bounced off the roof of the houses in the night.

I was going to run away. Obviously I can't be a princess. I would die. I needed to get away clean. I started to run. I found the stables at the big house and went inside. There were six big horses. I went inside one named Midnight's. He was a big black horse with a huge star above his nose. I started to climb on his back when I saw someone in the stable.

I couldn't believe my eyes, it was one of the vigils. He was feeding the horse! It was the one who tied me up and took me out of the dungeon earlier today. Maybe he would be a nice vigil about it and pretend it never happened. With my luck, I'll be dead by tomorrow for sneaking out. My heart was beating so loud you could hear it from miles away.

He's going to be nice, I know it. Time felt frozen. He started to emerge from the shadows. My heart stopped. And then something happened...