Poison (Pt. 3)

Bucky Barnes

"I came up with a plan while you were in the bathroom." You jumped backwards and your hand flew to your chest, sucking in a sharp breath, you stared at Wanda with wide eyes.

You weren't expecting to see Wanda standing mere inches away from the bathroom door when you opened it.

"See?" She shoved her phone in your face, the bright screen blinding you for a moment as your eyes tried to adjust, given how dark your whole apartment was.

"I was only gone for like two minutes." You took her phone from her hand and looked at the long list of things she had typed into her notepad. You walked past her, back towards your kitchen, all while scrolling through her notes.

"Yes, well, this is important. We can not waste any time." She was walking right behind you, looking over your shoulder and making sure you were observing her notes.

You finally made it to the kitchen, where you leaned on your elbows on the island and started at the top of her notes. Wanda pulled out a bar chair you had on the other side of the island and sat down, leaning forward as far as she could.

"Step one; Clint." You read aloud, glancing up at her with curious eyes. She nodded for you to go on. "Take him up on the offer to be target practice? Wanda, I think he offered that so he could 'accidentally' shoot me. There is no way in hell I'm do-"

"Do you want Bucky back?" She interrupted you and raised her eyebrows. Your shoulders slumped and a frown bent down your lips.

"Well yeah, of cours-"

"Then you must do whatever it takes. Even if it means going to extreme measures."

"What do you want?" Clint kept walking down the long hallway, nodding at people who said hello to him as he passed. You followed quickly behind him, trying to keep up with his long and fast strides.

"I told you, I want to be your target practice." You jumped a little and for a split second you were walking right beside him but your shorter legs weren't able to keep up with his for much longer. "Remember? You offered, what was it, a year ago?"

"I wasn't serious." He grumbled, keeping his eyes focused on the gym doors at the end of the hallway. You rolled your eyes, happy that he wasn't looking at your face for that.

"Well I didn't know that!" You lied, skipping your step a little. You were practically bouncing beside him as you sped walk.

"There you go with the lies." You hid your anger, and forced a smile. You had to suck up and you had to win back his trust. You wanted to prove to everyone that you weren't who you used to be. You changed.

"Nuh-uh." You switched sides, now you were on his left side.

"Yeah-huh." He used the same tone back to you, and you smiled.

"Just let me help you!" You were taken off guard when he suddenly stopped walking and turned to face you. You tried to stop yourself and almost went flying forward, but you quickly straightened yourself and looked up at him.

"Why?" His eyes narrowed, and he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Because I want to help you." You insisted, mimicking his actions and crossing your arms.

"There's always a catch with you."

"Not this time." His eyes narrowed further and you stood up on your heels for a second before falling flat back against them. "Bible."