Adopted by Harry Styles?!?

Hi, I just thought I would mention this story is set in 2031. So you do the maths, the boys are a lot older than they used to be.

(A/N) italics mean thoughts.

Chapter 1

Today was the worst day of my life. I know that every teen to plague the planet probably complains about their "horrible lives", but today was truly bad. 

It all started in the morning. I woke up at around 7 as usual and was getting ready for school. When I finished getting dressed, I raced down the stairs to eat breakfast.

Usually the delicious scent of  Mom's classic breakfast would be wafting all around the house but today the kitchen was empty. There was a note on the kitchen table from my parents it read: Good morning, Gloria. Darren and I have left early for work today. Walk with Sunday, we will be home for dinner. We love you darling. xoxo.

Sunday is my best friend, we first met when we were nine and she moved in next door to us.

I placed the note on the table and poured myself some sort of sugary cereal. As I was eating I heard a knock at the door. It must be Sunday, I knew that.

"COME IN." I yelled and she made her way into my house. 

"Ugh, can you hurry up? We're gonna be late Gloria!" she moaned at me.

Before I knew it I had finished my breakfast, (not without a running commentary from Sunday complaining about being late) and was out the door.

Even though we live like two blocks from school, we had to literally race to get there on time and it had rained the night before so the grass was all slippery. I almost went head over heels several times on the journey. The bell rang just as we we're getting our books from our lockers.

Phew, we made it!

The day went quite smoothly except for maths in last period.

"GLORIA?!" Mrs Sealy screamed at me, her forehead vein throbbing at the same time. 

 I lifted my head from the table and tried to look engaged. 

"Were you listening to any of that? she asked.

"I was, Miss." I said sheepishly.

"Gloria you are a horrible liar. DETENTION!" she seethed, slamming the textbook she had in her hands onto her desk.

As soon as the bell went I basically melted out of my chair and whilst almost everyone except me and a few delinquents walked off to the detention.

Lucky me!

Detention is always disgusting. There is gum stuck under the chairs and tables. Disgusting images drawn on the board behind the teacher and everything smells like man. But worst of all that's where my 'stalker' is most of the time. Well he's kind of a stalker. He always tries to get me into trouble when he's to blame and rumour has it he has a huge crush on me. He's your typical high school 'bad boy'. There was no denying he was hot, because he was. He had striking blue eyes and a nearly perfect tan. His jet-black hair was gelled up into a quiff.

As time ticked by I was closer and closer to getting home. Finally it was 4:00, now I can finally go home and have afternoon tea, I was so hungry!

I slung my bag over one shoulder and swiftly walked out of the classroom, accidentally making eye contact with him. He smirked at me. I walked home and was surprised to see my Mom's car not back yet.

They must be stuck in traffic or something, I told myself while unlocking the front door and flopping onto the couch. I suppose I should make dinner, I kicked my shoes off and began sliding around the tiled floor like a figure skater. I swerved into the kitchen and began making some mac and cheese.

After finishing my dinner and the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars I called Sunday. I could always turn to her.

"Sunday where are they, shouldn't they be home now?!" I fretted.

"Look, Gloria I'm sure they will be home any minute now ok?" She tried to reassure me.

"But it's already 5:00-" A knock at the door made me stop. I ran to the door to find a police officer standing there holding his hat.

"Hello, are you Gloria Winters? The daughter of Audrey Winters?" he asked.

"Y-yes I am." I said nervously.

He looked down. "I'm very sorry to have to tell you this but your Mother and Stepfather were in a horrific car accident and they both died on impact."