Chapter 2

WOOHP Training Room

As usual, the workout was useful, and included usage of their most-used gadgets, such as the jet pack backpacks and laser lipstick. The girls were getting used to handling both simultaneously to strike targets at long range while hovering in the large, high-ceiling room. They then flew at gradually increasing speeds. At first the circular targets were stationary, then the agent operating the controls for them put them into motion, gradually increasing their speed as well.

Satisfied with their results, Sam and Alex went off to wait at the WOOHP Lounge, as agreed upon earlier. The same had been done for Alex's visit to Feline recently.

Containment Facility Visitor's Room:

Clover walked into the room, briefly surveying it, then spotted Muffy being led to the table before her by the same guard as from Alex's visit.

She was almost unrecognizable. Thinner, with her formerly wild outfit replaced by an orange jumpsuit and spiky, magenta-dyed hair now back to her natural black hair hanging down to her shoulders.

Her demeanor, formerly confident and delighted, was one of meek sadness.

Clover found herself feeling sympathetic, but quickly caught herself and simply greeted her with "Muffy," as she sat down across from her at the table.

"Clover," Muffy started. "Thanks for visiting me. I'm so sorry for what I did..." she trailed off.

"It's okay, I've forgiven you a while ago," Clover looked at her carefully. "Guess you heard Alex and Ms. Dion did this routine recently. Alex is sweet, but gullible. And it's my turn now," Clover leaned forward, eyes narrowed. "Sam hasn't agreed to visit Stacy yet. That girl personally tried to kill us."

Muffy nodded dismally.

"If you, Dion, and Stacy are plotting to sucker the three of us by pulling on our heartstrings, you've got another thing coming," Clover said grumpily. Clover eyed the despondent young woman across from her. "So... this depression thing isn't an act? You're not out for revenge against us like most people here?"

Muffy frowned at Clover briefly.

"No. I... ruined my life. I ruined your sorority experience. Trying to take over sororities was crazy, and wild, and fun at the time. But I wasn't thinking straight. Could've just been happy leading PEP," Muffy grumbled, then sighed.

Clover looked at her warily.

"I managed to steal from that high-tech lab. Then mind-control girls, including you. And all the fighting...thankfully no one was hurt badly. And wanting to go global," she chuckled.

"Yeah..." Clover considered. "But you're young like me, and you really want to finish college, right?"

Muffy hesitated, then nodded, staring at Clover. "Of course."

"You might be in here longer than Dion because your crimes were worse," Clover started, while Muffy dropped her eyes in shame. "But I heard you're not staying here nearly as long as most people. Unlike you, most have tried to kill me and my friends," Clover looked darkly past Muffy to the door she'd come through.

Muffy looked back up at her hopefully.

"Look, some agents here have gone bad and tried to eliminate me, my friends, WOOHP, you name it. But what if you cut your sentence shorter by working for WOOHP?" Clover asked.

This was what she'd discussed with Alex, Sam, and Jerry when scheduling her visit. It was a risk, but would benefit both Muffy and the organization, while possibly setting a precedent.