Chapter 17

“Nope.” Grace sighed as I came out in the fifteenth dress at this store alone. This is the fifth store and I tried on at least a dozen in each place.

“I’m tired.” I groaned.

“Me too, but one more. Please.” She pouted, “I picked it out myself.”

I rolled my eyes but made my way back into the dressing room. The last dress that hung on the hook made me sigh. It was beyond beautiful, like all the others, and just like the others I’m sure it will look super bad on me.

I slipped on the dress and I was surprised, something about the dress gliding over my skin gave me butterflies. The dress was a ball gown type, exactly what I wanted. It was strapless  with a pleated folded bodice and beaded embellished waistlines. The fully shirred skirt and sweep train was definitely elegant and made me feel so pretty. The lace was just so pretty.

I smiled to myself as my hands glided over the fabric, oh jeez, I think I was in love. The dressing attended helped me button up my back and gave me a grin through the mirror.

“Wow.” She smiled, “You look absolutely amazing in that dress.”

“Thanks.” I grinned, “I love it.”

“Let’s go show your friends shall we.” She laughed and held my train as I walked through the door. As soon as I walked around the corner Grace’s smile grew wider.

“Holy shit.” She gasped and Scarlet looked at her before turning to me.

“You’re a princess Nora!” She shrieked excitedly.

“Yeah.” I laughed and looked into the mirror, it was even more beautiful in this light. “Do you like it?”

Grace snorted? “Like it? Hell Nora I Freakin’ love it!” She grinned. “I am the best dress picker outer ever!”

I rolled my eyes, “This isn’t the first dress you picked out. You picked out most of them and the others were horrible. You got lucky.”

She waved off my comment, “Whatever, I still win!”

“Alright.” I grinned, even though I didn’t fully understand what she was talking about.

After we decided  that this was my dress, which wasn’t all that hard to do, we looked around the little shop for a flower girl dress. Scarlet was more than excited and picked out some she found on the rack.

“Nora! I like this one.” She laughed as she twirled in the dress. It was pretty, more than actually, it was beautiful.

“It is Scar, do you want that one?” I honestly couldn’t think of anything else being that beautiful. She nodded and ran to play in the mirror. “Wow, two dresses in one day! This whole wedding planning was easier than I thought.” I laughed at Grace.