Dominance Academy

*picture of Caramel*

“….He was a brave and loving man and he will always be in our hearts. We will never forget you Garson William “. Maria completed her sentence. I couldn’t pay attention to what was happening. This couldn’t be real. My father can’t be dead; he was just their yesterday driving me to school wishing my luck on my math test. There’s no possible way that he is gone.

I looked around at the sad, crying faces around me, Gathered up pretending to care. I bet more than half of them knew of him not who he was, Just giving out their pity to my family especially my mother. My mother, who I saw as I slowly, craned my neck to the side, huddled up under an umbrella with my sisters. All of them crying, sobbing. Yet not even a single tear came into my eyes. I stood at the very back glancing now and then at my mother. The rain dripping, soaking me, my clothes stuck to my skin, my toes numb from the cold, my eyes hurt from not blinking. Everything of me hurt except for my heart; it ached it ached so much I wanted to be there with my father right now where ever he was. 

More people faking. More people crying. More people sobbing. I wanted an end to this, I can’t take it. My eyes started to blur, everything around me started to spin. I can’t stay another moment here I thought, as I nodded off to my sisters and ran. I don’t know where, I didn’t care where, just anywhere far from here, Far from life at the moment. Tears streamed down my face. I tried blinking them away or hold them back but they kept coming and coming salty as ever. I kept running the water, tears everything blurring my path. Something was stopping me, I couldn’t run as fast. I looked down at the heels I’m wearing and roughly threw them away. I held my black soaked heavy dress and ran bare feet on the pavement as far as I could see.

                                                                          ***

Knocking, that’s what I heard as I slowly woke up. What had happened? I looked at my surroundings; I was in my bedroom, lying on my carpeted floor in a black sticky dress…?. Slowly events from last night started piling into my now throbbing head. I slightly touched the side of the head where the throbbing feeling was coming from, a bump, not so big but a bump on my head.  I remember falling on my head when I came home last night; I tripped on the stairs to the door. Sighing I got off from my bed and looked in my mirror. I saw a girl who was so different from the girl two days ago. That girl would be always smiling no care in the world, that beautiful girl not this one. Just one look of the eye and you could tell this girl was wrecked, inside and out.

“Caramel are you going to open the door or not? Fine anyways mom has cooked breakfast and she’s wanting to see us all down stairs so hurry quickly” I heard my sister Talia’s voice, through my door, no emotion in her voice. She was always so bubbly and energetic, especially in the mornings and just hearing her voice made me feel sadder. “Tell her to give me 20 minutes, I’ll be down”. My voice sounded rather groggy and uneven. I cleared my throat not waiting for my sister’s reply as I hoped into the shower. The water, the hot water running down my body seemed to always relax my tight and sore muscles even though I just woke up. Quickly scrubbing my hair carefully not to touch my throbbing side of my head, and rubbing soap all over I quickly turned the tap off, dried myself and decided on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top.  Something my old self would’ve never worn on a Monday morning especially after a shower. Isn’t it funny? How you could completely change in just a matter of hours to something completely different. Something you would’ve never imagine your self being.