| 19 | Perpetrator

~*~ After a hot day of work at the palace ~*~

Your POV

I sat under the shade of a tree by the newly planted garden. I'm glad the fire didn't get rid of these trees. Zen was sitting opposite side of me, also leaning against the same tree.

"Good job today Y/N" "we were able to get a lot done" So far the garden has been complete, we just need it to grow again and so far 3 of the seven rooms have been rebuilt. I've made a lot of bricks for the builders to use for the next two rooms. They say I should lay off it for a little while so they can catch up to my progress. I wonder what I'll do tomorrow? I have the whole day off, I guess I could go to the wood with Victor and I could teach him how to fly. I looked up through the tree branches, the sun was starting to set creating a swirl of colours painted across the sky.

Zen stood in front of me and held out his hand. "we should head inside, it'll get cold pretty soon" he smiled at me sincerely. I took his hand and stood up, despite him working all day his hands were still soft. Like I said it's something that royalty have, they're always perfect in every way. I waved off to him and slept inside the medical room again. Just a few more days until I can get my other room back. I closed the door and did the same with Victors cage.

"See you in the morning Victor, I promise you I'll take you out tomorrow" I laid down on my bed and fell to sleep. (if only it was that easy)

~*~ next morning ~*~

I woke up early-ish, getting dressed into the same blue dress that Zen complimented me on. I'll take his advice and wear it more often. I skipped off outside, maybe Zen wants to come with me? Should I leave him alone for the day, he did say yesterday that he should just go with me everywhere. I'll use it as an excuse to hang out with him. It's too early to go out right now, so I'll wait a little longer.

~*~ Time skip ~*~

I had spent my time in the palace kitchen making some food for the guards, it's about time I made it up to them somehow. I brought out a picnic basket to them containing sandwiches am fruit. I'm sure they'll love it especially since it's been hot lately (what Australians face every day)

"F-for us?!" They both looked inside the basket in surprise

"Well I never properly apologised to you two after we first met"

"You were forgiven from the time that you became a blacksmith, there's no need to be so kind"

"but you do work here so other workmen should be kind to the workmen" "as far as I'm concerned the people at the palace are my family" I smiled sincerely at them. Their faces went red.

"Thanks, miss" They too out some food and started to eat, I sighed in relief, I'm glad I didn't fail or food poison them. The three of us were interrupted by a glaring Zen.

"Y/N! were you going to go out again without telling me"

"n-no, I was just treating these men to some food" I looked over to the men who were stuffing their faces with sandwiches.

Zen thoughts: 'Y/N makes them food but not me'

"I was going to invite you" "I was going to take Victor into the woods and give him some fresh air" "would you like to come along?"

"Would I ever" "give me some time off desk work"

"Zen! It's bad to procrastinate" I told him off

*Zen and you bickering, guards are just watching*

Guard 1: "did we miss something about the prices relationship status?"

Guard 2: "they seem like a couple" "wait, who's Victor do they have a child?!" Both guards shrugged and continued to eat.