An Opera Stage the World Don't Need

This was where Ezra Bridger died. And no, she wasn't being dramatic. She totally wasn't.

There were blasterfire all around her, and she was (with the rest of the Ghost Crew) in the midst of a firefight with Agent Kallus' unit. They had gotten word that a rebel unit in the area had needed help, only to be ambushed by Kallus and his Stormtroopers and locked into an entanglement that was lasting for almost an hour. Just then a series of minor explosions occurred near them and everyone scrambled to run away from them. Somehow or other, she found herself running alongside Kallus, but the one glance she took at him cost her as she didn't notice the biggest explosion yet, happening at the moment next to them, and hitting Kallus nearly full force and was knocked right into her.

They landed somewhere off to the side, and Ezra's vision was swimming while her ears wrung from the loud blast of the explosion. Coughing from the smoke, she tried to sit up, only to find Kallus heavily on her. Heaving (and using the Force), she managed to push him off of her before she went to see how he was. Her eyes widened at his condition, seeing him bleeding out and barely clinging to life.

Biting her lip, she didn't know what to do now.

'All life is precious.'

It wasn't a voice she recognized, whoever it was that spoke in her head. Faint though it was, she recognized the female tone, but not who. It wasn't Ahsoka...Definitely not Kanan, though Ezra was feeling like she was having a Yoda moment (like in the temple)...But unless Yoda had suddenly changed sex, it wasn't him either.

Still, she thought about the words more and looked hard at the dying Kallus. She also remembered Kanan's similar lecture.

"A Jedi seeks to preserve all life," she murmured, and then placed her hands on him and willed the Force to do something. She had to save him. She just...had to.

Ezra was concentrating so hard that she didn't notice how her body was beginning to lose energy and that her sight was getting darker and darker. Soon enough, without meaning to, she blacked out on top of Kallus. However, her mind didn't close down and disappear into a void of darkness.

No, that wasn't the case. For some reason, Ezra found herself in the middle of a dark gray room that was practically bare. A few things covered the place to show it was lived in, but it was minimal at best. There was a lump on the bed and Ezra curiously drew closer, until she was close enough to see it was a young boy.

The room's door slid open then and a pretty woman came in. "Cor? Cor, are you awake?"

The young boy on the bed shifted before slowly getting up.

"I'm up, Nana," he said quietly, and Ezra gasped. She recognized those eyes anywhere –the only person she knew with natural bright bronze (gold in the right light) eyes. This was a younger Kallus. She had no idea how or why, but the ISB Agent was right in front of her as a kid!

"Come, Cor," 'Nana' smiled gently at him. "It's breakfast time. Then you have to get to school."

"Okay," Kallus' voice was still quiet, and it made Ezra stare at him. He just...didn't seem like the agent she knew.

And so Ezra found Kallus having breakfast, and quietly followed him around like a ghost as he apparently got ready for the day.

~*~*~

It was raining. He didn't know when it had started, but he was in the middle of the street when it had started raining on him.

Kallus wasn't sure where he was or what had happened. The last thing he remembered was that he had been in the middle of a fight with the usual group of rebels that he was always after, and then there had been explosions that caused him to run with everyone else. He had somehow gotten to be by Ezra Bridger's side when a bigger explosion knocked him off of his feet and towards the girl. However, he didn't remember much after that. Only that he was in extreme pain and he could barely see or be aware of anything.