A Breath of Fresh Air

After about 10 minutes of driving in my car, I see him. He looks sad and damaged. It drove me crazy to see him like that.

I pulled over to the side of the road and stepped out of the truck.

I walked over with a smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked, with a smile.

He looked down at the fake grass and kicked around toe loose fake leaves.

"No, Everyone hates me. I'm just an old greedy dirtbag." He said with a sigh.

"Don't say that, we all make mistakes. You shouldn't care what others think." i said with smile and a flirtatious look.

"You said it yourself. I'm a greedy dirtbag." I said with tears streaming down his long, handsome face.

"I didn't mean it, it was just for the sake of the musical number, you know? Listen, how bout I drive you home. Its dangerous out here and its getting cold."

"I don't have a home anymore." He whispers."I lost everything after they impeached me." He cries

"How about you crash at my place for awhile. Be my guest." I said, trying to cheer him up.

"I guess, but what about your family." He asks me.

"I live alone." I look down at his short self.

"Okay I guess." He said, but still looks upset.

He gets up from the park bench and we walk to my truck. He takes the lead and overtime I look at him I fall in love with him all over again. This can't be happening. There's no way I can be falling for him. How could i ever hide my feelings for him while he stays in my apartment. I can't be with someone who everyone hates. What will everyone think of me? This is risky but I'm willing to take a chance on love.