Redemption

Prologue

Moving together so close to my heart

I can almost feel it again beat

As our lips so gently part

Your breath soft and sweet

Your warm skin pressed against mine

Your beautiful eyes full of trust

Into my hand your fingers entwine

No sigh of fear or disgust

For the monster you hold in your arms

No flinching at the dark sight

No cry of alarm

For your vampire of the night

With your blood stained on my lips

I stare with possessive eyes

Amazed at your willing kiss

To follow this love unwise

Nestled with your head on my shoulder

I swear I will be more than you need

Soldier, protector and lover

For you I would truly bleed

I could be anything you asked me to be

Give anything to see you shine

Just spend eternity with me

Be forever mine

-Unknown

True soul mates exist. If you believe it or you do not, soul mates definitely exist. And those who find their soul mates are considered to be truly blessed.

When you finally meet your soul mate the first thing that you feel is that pull that you two were destined to be together. You will then know what true love is. The sheer madness and excitement will make you feel young once again. You would feel that finally you have someone in life who accepts you the way you are, someone who understands even your silent unspoken words. It is such an ecstatic feeling to grow old together, sharing every experiences of life. If you find this, cherish them like there was no tomorrow and never let them go.

When you two finally unite, you will feel the longing heart being soothed. Your heart will be filled of love and beauty. You will start overlooking the issues that come your way. Every moment spent with your soul mate will give you an assurance that your life is so complete with him or her. All your desires will seem fulfilled. Life is not always a smooth cakewalk. But a soul mate makes this journey called life worthwhile. They add meaning to everything we go and give us a goal to achieve. Everyday seems like a new beginning and we start off with new zeal. Wouldn't you at times want to express your heart to the one whom you love so dearly? Surly you do.

"Now that's a bunch of boloney," young Trevor told his mother as she went on and on about true love and soul mates. His brothers laughed and agreed, while his little sister sighs with a love stuck look upon her pretty little face.

Jasmine Fier smiled at her son with kindness and patience a mother can only have for her children. She shut the book she read the poem as she placed it by the night stand. She touched his face gently. "Trevor it is not boloney it is the truth, you will know when the time comes, right now you and your siblings are too young to think about it, but the time will come when you will remember these words that your mother has spoken," said Jasmine as her hard headed Trevor rolled his eyes. Out of all her children, Trevor was the stubbornness of them all yet he was the sweetest. He would question everything and he would not believe it unless he saw it.

"If it makes me go googo gaga over a girl, I don't think I want it. Girls have cooties and they are yuck." He answered almost defiantly as his brothers agreed. Jasmine couldn't help but laugh at her son's reactions. She was glad her children had not asked her about her soul mate, which had a dark heart; nevertheless he was her true love. You do not turn your back on true love, even if you wanted too.

Through the time, he had turned into someone she could hardly recognize. He was no longer the man she had fallen in love. The man she thought she could spend the rest of her life with. He had changed and into something darker and sinister. The only happiness she had now that came from him was their children. Their children that she couldn't live without. They were her pride and joy the small spark that she had of love.

"You just wait and see my little ones," she answered kindly, "It will hit you when you least expect it and a soul mate is one forever, one that completes you and in the life we live, we need that. We need someone that we can love forever and they can love us back just the same."

Both Trevor and Jasmine Fier recalled the same memory as they stood in their humble home, while Trevor held onto Catalina tightly the furious look upon his face directed at her and at her dear friend and as Jasmine stared at his son holding the scared girl. A smile crept upon her face in a smudge look the time had come for her son after all.

Her stubborn son.

*-*-*-*-