"Well I'm not," he dismissed. "It's going ahead, whether you like it not."

Before he walked away, a thought crossed my mind. "You've gone cold, Rick."

He froze and I hoped my words would linger in the air for a while. Even if I couldn't change his mind, I had to do everything I could to try.

~

"Hey," Daryl called out as he headed towards Glenn and I. I tilted my head up, watching him as he walked towards us. "You seen Merle around?" I ignored his question, letting Glenn answer instead with a silent shake of his head. "He say he was sorry yet? 'Cause he is. He's gonna make it right," Daryl said, as Glenn and I both shared a look, in no way believing that was ever going to happen. "I'm gonna make him. There's got to be a way. Just needs to be a little forgiveness is all."

"He tied me to a chair," Glenn reminded, standing in front of Daryl. "He beat me, and threw a walker in the room. Maybe I could call it even. But he– he beat Blaire too, interrogated her. And he took Maggie to a man who terrorized her."

Daryl looked away and towards me briefly. Knowing neither of us were going to budge, he let out a final heavy sigh before picking up his crossbow and walking away. I groaned as Glenn turned back to face me, an anxious look on his face. "I'm not being too sensitive about this, am I?" He questioned, causing me to smile a little at his question.

"Glenn," I started, taking both of his hands in mine. "You're adorable." He chuckled lightly as I continued. "And no, of course not. What Merle did to us is unforgivable. We don't have to suffer in silence and be around a man like that if we don't want to be."

"I just– I hate seeing you hurt," He said softly. "I care about you more than I care about me."

"Listen," I started, my heart warming by his words. "I don't want you to worry about Merle or worry about how you should or shouldn't be feeling. Things could change, but they might never. Just focus on the good things we've got right now, because god knows how long we've got left. All of us."

"Yeah, you're right," he said, giving my hands a small squeeze. "I love you."

I leaned closer, giving him a gentle kiss on the lips, pulling away with a smile. "And I love you." I hesitantly broke away from his gaze, glancing towards the prison. "Now, I hate to be a pain but I've gotta go and speak to Rick about a thing."

"A thing?" He questioned, a confused expression crossing over his face.

I thought for a moment, trying to think of a decent cover up. I hated keeping things from Glenn, but the less people who knew about this the better. "Uh yeah, I don't really know what it's about. He just said to meet him so..." I trailed off, unsure about what I was even trying to say.

"Okay," Glenn said unsurely, nodding his head. "See you in a bit."

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before starting to head back to the prison, actually hoping to locate Daryl, which I fortunately did quite quickly.

"You know Rick's absolutely bullshit plan–" I started, slightly out of breath from having to jog to catch up with him.

He stopped in his tracks, whipping his head around to face me. "How do you know about that?"

"Because you're not the only one in the inner circle dumbass," I rolled my eyes. "Anyway–"

"It's off," I heard Rick call out from behind me with impeccable timing. Daryl and I turned away from each other as Rick started to head towards us. "We'll take our chances."

"Oh, thank god," I breathed out, almost dramatically, to emphasise my relief. This was definitely the right decision. "He's finally seen sense."

Rick shot me a hint of a glare as Daryl spoke up instead. "I'm not saying it was the wrong call, but this is definitely the right one."