Freedom of speach

"Hide how you really feel to save others for being uncomfortable" is what we are basically all told; but how does it feel for us to keep our true feelings inside? In America we are told we have freedom of speech, but we still are being told what we can and can not say du to hurt feelings. Yes, we should still be considerate of other people but that is what makes America so great, or what made America so great. We were a huge mixing pot of nationalities each with a diffident backgrounds and ways of thinking, a differing point of views and brains. With that much diversity we can put our brains together and push this nation forward. No, not everyone agreed 100% of the time but we could all say our opinion, people could agree to disagree and still respect each other. We are far from perfect and disputes will happen but does one of our biggest freedoms have to suffer? We wont always agree with the next person but America is all about having different thoughts and ideas and everyone should respect them. The way I see it is that freedom if handled right out weighs some hurt feelings. So lets take back our freedom of speech and voice our opinions.
~Gracie
A/N- I know a ton of other countries have freedoms as well , but Im from America so I did the rant ( I don't think you could technically call this a poem) from an American p.o.v. I try to write stuff that many people will be able to connect with though.