;requisite;

5:48 PM

"Wait, wait- you got the lead in Mary Poppins how?" George asks, choking back laughter as I cover my face in embarrassment. We've been catching up on each other's lives for the past nearly three hours and truthfully, I'm having a good time.

"I was Kori Sloane's understudy, and we'd all been rehearsing for like, the entire day, and she and I were both rehearsing the choreography for Supercali. I was exhausted, and we were right near the end of the stage. My footing was off and I ended up knocking right into her. She flew off the stage and when she landed, she ended up with both a broken leg and ankle. It shouldn't have been funny, because that poor girl sounded like she was dying, but fuck, George, it really was funny." I shake my head, a laugh escaping from my lips. "I still feel bad, but she didn't have any hard feelings toward me and the cast ended up getting a standing ovation."

"Jesus, Corinne, how do you manage to get the lead in everything that you're in?" Joji asks, taking a swig from his bottle of Coors.

"I can't help it. I'm a star." I give him a smug grin, showing my jazz hands, then take a sip from my own bottle. George suppresses his laughter, rolling his eyes. "Speaking of being a star, how's that Frank thing doing that you had going when we were younger?"

"I stopped doing that a few years ago." George says, picking at a loose seam on his couch cushion. "It started getting too stressful, and I didn't want to risk having more seizures." He smiles at me, waving his hand in the air gently. "Enough of that depressing shit. How's your Broadway dream coming along so far?"

I run my fingers through my hair, shrugging my shoulders a bit. "I have an audition in a month."

George looks at me, his lips forming a small 'O' shape. "Really? Corinne, that's great! What is the audition for?" He asks excitedly, and I feel the corners of my lips tug upward into a small grin.

"The Rocky Horror Picture Show." I say quietly, waiting for his reaction. "As Janet."

George's eyes light up, and he grabs my hand excitedly. "Janet? Corinne, that's fucking amazing! You've wanted to star in Rocky since we were kids! I remember you always sang Touch A, Touch A at the most inappropriate moments, but you never cared."

"I know, I know, and I also seem to remember you serenading me with Dammit, Janet, if I recall correctly." I wink at him, earning a light, playful shove in the arm from George.

"And if I recall correctly, you got me into Rocky in the first place. Naturally I was going to serenade you with Dammit at one point or another." George looked at me, a smug, "matter-of-fact" smile on his face.

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "You still liked Rocky." I mumble, feigning annoyance. He chuckles to himself, and I find myself staring at him. His eyes meet mine, and as much as I want to move my gaze, it feels almost as if my eyes are frozen on him.

Before I know it, his left hand is on my thigh and his right hand is pressed against the back of my neck. Our lips are centimeters apart, so close that I can smell a mix of mint and cigarettes on his breath.

-----

Song - All These Things That I've Done (The Killers)