Chapter 9

We were driving back to the bowling alley when Liam suggested we could go to his apartment (he called it a flat) and watch a movie. Seeing as he really wouldn't be able to bowl, I agreed.

Luckily, Liam's apartment was in the third floor, and there was an elevator, so he didn't have to walk far. Plus, his pain medication was kicking in, which meant he could walk unaided from the car to the lobby.

We got to his apartment and he unlocked the door, flipping the lights on.

His apartment's windows were open, allowing the cool summer breeze in. It was dark outside. Liam shut the door as I took my shoes off. I looked around the room, "Nice place." Liam smiled.

"Thanks, my agent contacted your apartment building's owner and was able to find three places just like this on the same street."

We stood there for a moment before he spoke. "Megan, my doctor says that he want me to air out my stitches every once in a while so they don't get infected. Is that alright with you? I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all," I said, turning my back to him as I hung my purse on a hook by the door.

I heard the sound of cloth brushing against skin, then a flop as his shirt landed on the floor. I turned around and there Liam was, standing there, shirtless. My heart did a little flip.

Okay, maybe I did mind a little. He walked past me, and sat on the couch. He patted the spot next to him.

"Sit."

I sat cautiously next to him, unaware of what he was planning. Liam turned the T.V. on and searched through a list of movie titles. I sat a few inches away, still completely aware that he was only half dressed.

He clicked on a movie, pressed play, and then waited for it to load. He became aware that I was still staring at him and turned his head cautiously to the right, looking at me, bewildered,

"Megan?"

I looked away quickly, "Mmmhmm?" I said.

He slid a little closer to me on the couch. "Everything okay?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yup," and slid the same distance away from him.

My heart was in my throat, racing unbelievably fast. He slid a little closer to me and I copied his movement. Liam did it again and I moved once more, this time reaching the arm rest of the couch. He seemed to get where this was going.

Liam moved quickly, almost jumping from one side of the couch to the other.

"Megan," he said slowly. I jumped up, taking a step back. "What's the matter?" Liam asked, worried now. He kept walking towards me, and I kept talking steps away. My back bumped against the wall, and Liam saw his chance, standing right in front of me and putting a hand on either side of my shoulders, his palms flat against the wall.

He looked concerned. "What did I do?" he whispered. "Nothing," I said, talking deep breaths, trying to calm my over-reactive mind.

"It's just being this close to you makes me feel vulnerable. Like standing on the edge of a cliff, excited, but vulnerable," I said.

He laughed softly, "So I'm not the only who feels this way then."

It was silent for a moment in his apartment, the only sound coming from a clock on the wall ticking.

Liam moved his hand slightly to the side, flipping the light switch off. There was some light coming from the T.V., but otherwise the room was covered in darkness. Liam leaned closer to me and whispered seductively, "But I like the thrill that comes with standing on the edge of a cliff."