Part 4

Hello everyone... just wanted to ask you... the conversations starting with "Okay!" is RK's alter-ego or his conscious or his inner voice.. whatever you call it... are you able to make the difference? or should I make it in italics, because I used to have conversations with his conscious in another color so it was easy for my earlier readers to differentiate. Please let me know, how you want it.

It's been three hours, and RK was still not able to come out of his shock. He had talked to Madhu for nearly five hours! FIVE HOURS!! When Madhu's cell battery had died, she called him from her landline, to tell him that she didn't hang up, that her cell got switched off because there was no charge. And then, they had continued to talk till it was time for Madhu to get ready to go to her college. They talked about everything and nothing.

RK was getting scared, the more he talked to Madhu, and the more he wanted to talk to her. RK realized that he was getting a little too close to Madhu, and decided to distance himself from Madhu.

Okay! Have you gone bloody crazy????We love her!
I don't love her. She is just a friend.
Okay! WE LOVE MADHU!!!!
I don't.
Okay! Then why were you talking to her for FIVE HOURS????
I like talking to her.
Okay! Then why were you disappointed when she had to hang up?
I told you, it is just that I like talking to her, and there is nothing more to it.
Okay! Fine! But then, after she hung up, it's been 3 hours, and you have done nothing but think about her!
That's because...
Okay! It's not because you like to talk to her!
I know that.
Okay! It's because you like thinking about her!
I don't want to think about Madhu!
Okay! But you can't help it, and that is love!
It is not love and I am not discussing Madhu anymore!
Okay! You scared???
Shut up!

Suddenly, Neev comes in.

RK: "Hey! How come you are here? Don't you have college?"
Neev: "Didn't go. You have to come shopping with me. It's Tina's birthday, and you have to help me pick a gift."
RK shocked: "You still dating Tina?"
Neev confused: "Yeah. Why are you shocked?"
RK: "Your marriage is fixed with Madhu!"
Okay! What??When??How??
Neev freaks out: "WHAT?? When did it get fixed? But Dad said only after 6 months..."
RK cuts him off: "Yeah that only."
Okay! Stop complicating things. Madhubala Malik belongs to Rishabh Kundra. End of discussion.
What? We are...
Okay! Only friends! I know. Uff
Neev sighs: "Oh! You freaked me out!"
RK: "You can't two-time."
Neev: "I am not even one-timing Madhu."
Okay! Way to go, Neev!
RK confused: "What? One-timing? Doesn't one-time mean..."
Okay! Look who is here? Professor Kundra!
What is your problem?
Okay! What is my problem??? Dude, you need psychiatric help!
Maybe I should get help, and thru some hypnosis I should get you killed.
Okay! I knew watching Bhool Bhulaiyya was a bad idea.
Neev irritated: "You have the rest of our life to teach me proper English. Now I want you to help me pick a gift for Tina."
RK thinks for some time, and then decides to go with Neev, anyway he had to get Madhu a gift.
RK: "Okay."
Neev jumps on RK and hugs him: "I love you, bhai"
RK: "Whatever!"
Neev grins.

RK and Neev reach the mall.
RK: "It's Madhu's birthday, next next week. Have to get her a gift."
Neev with a sly smile: "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!"
RK: "What?"
Neev: "We are getting her gifts too?"
RK: "Well it's her birthday!"
Neev: "And?"
RK: "She is my friend."
Neev: "So fast?"
RK: "Stop it!"
Neev: "Alrite... (he starts grinning even more)So what am I giving her?"
RK couldn't help grinning: "I was thinking a chain or something. You know, something simple."
Neev: "Okay"

RK: "Okay, this is it."
He looks at Neev, and finds him sleeping.
RK starts shaking Neev.
Neev jerks up: "WHAT??"
RK laughing: "You slept off"
Neev glaring at RK: "Well, since my brother didn't like any chains he saw as nothing was good enuff for Madhu! I got bored."
RK offended: "Well, I wanted to get something nice."
Neev begging: "Please don't tell me we have to go to another shop. I can't just sit thru while you check out another one million chains."
RK: "Hey, I just checked few chains and.."
Neev: "17"
RK kinda shocked: "I had looked at 17 chains?"
Neev: "In this shop, and that too before I slept off."
RK a little embarrassed: "Well, I got the chain."
Neev ecstatic: "Thank God! Where is it?"
RK showed him a chain. It was a simple white gold chain with a small heart shaped locket. That locket was absolutely beautiful.
Neev: "Are you sure you want to give her that?"
RK confused and disappointed: "You didn't like it?"
Neev gives RK a 'are-you-crazy' look: "Can my brother's choice be ever wrong?"
RK: "Then what's the problem?"
Neev: "It's heart shaped, do you wanna give her any wrong ideas?"
Okay! Yeah I want to.
Uff!
Okay! Whatever it is! We are giving her this.
But...
Okay! This is perfect for her, and we will regret not giving her this."
Okay.
Neev: "You know what, we will give her this only, I can't sit thru another shopping for chains."
RK smiles: "Okay."