Chapter 6: Diva in distress

Start from the beginning

''I haven't spoken to her since,'' I told them. ''After Kylee became famous, she didn't want to know us anymore.''

''Oh come on,'' Leanne says fighting the urge to laugh.

''You don't expect us to believe that do you?'' Conner asks arms still crossed.

''Believe what you want,'' I tell him and Leanne. ''It's true.''

''No matter what these three think,'' Dad says and he smiles at us. ''I believe you, Kira and you Courtney.''

''Ah,'' Ethan says looking at his computer screen. ''Here's your chance to prove it. According to her fan page, she's going to be in town to promote her new CD.''

''Oh we are so there,'' Conner says and both me and Kira give him a look that says 'NO WAY.' ''And since you three are such good buddies, you can hook me up.''

I watched as Trent called to someone and dad looked like he had just seen a ghost.

''Whatever,'' Kira says.

''Uh dad you OK?'' I ask him as he starts to walk away.

''Earth to Dr O, you in there?'' Conner asks him also noticing his lack of concentration.

''Who's that guy?'' Leanne asked and I turned and seen a guy wearing a suit with blonde hair approaching Trent.

''He looks familiar,'' I tell them. ''But I can't think where from.''

*Back to action*

Me, Conner, Kira and Leanne are at the mall where Kylee Styles was going to make an appearance. I didn't like the idea but Kira asked me to go with her and the other two so I reluctantly agreed. As she appears down an escalator Conner and the rest of the crowd is clapping and cheering for her.

''This is incredible,'' She says smiling at all of the attention. ''You guys are just the best.''

''Remind me again, why are we here?'' I ask Kira feeling like I want to run.

''Conner's fault,'' was the only answer that she gave me.

We try and push our way through the crowd until we are at the front so we can see Kylee who is here to sign autographs.

''How many of these leeches are there?'' Kylee demanded of the woman sitting next to her as we got to the desk. ''My hand is going to fall off.''

''Go ahead ask her,'' Conner nudges me and Kira looking towards Kylee.

''Who do you want it made out to?'' Kylee asked us not realising who she is talking to.

''Just write to my old friends, Kira Ford,'' Kira started.

''And Courtney Oliver,'' I finished. That made Kylee look up and smile.

''Kira? Cortney?'' she exclaimed looking a little shocked and surprised. ''WOW! I haven't seen you two for ages,'' she pointed out standing up. She then pulled us in and mocked kissing us on each cheek. Leanne and Conner looked shocked as she leaned back. ''I didn't know you both were a fan of mine. I'm flattered.''

''Actually it's our friend who's a fan,'' Kira stated and I pointed at Conner.

''It's Conner with an 'E-R'.'' Conner said shaking her hand. After I nudged her Leanne did as well.

''Did Kira and Courtney, tell you that we all used to sing together?'' Kylee asked them. I gave them both a pointed look that said. 'I told you so'.

''Yeah,'' Conner said glancing at the two of us. ''They did but I didn't believe them at first.''

''OH it wasn't anything professional,'' She said waving her hand like it didn't matter. ''Just, uh, silly teen angst stuff.''