Chapter One

Jennifer's P.O.V
Chapter One
X

It's said, that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Also, that when it gives you lemons, throw them back and demand oranges. But what's to happen when life gives you fear, and a prominent case of PTSD? Nightmares, that have you waking up in the middle of the night, screaming for help? If I had the chance of getting anxiety and flashbacks, or a nice basket of lemons, I'd choose the lemons.

"Listen, it's just one dinner, Jennifer." Stacey assured, placing a firm grip on my shoulders. I was on my third meltdown of the day, this one by far being the most dramatic. What made the situation worse was that all of my friends were here, watching me relive that fateful prom night all over again in my head.

 What made the situation worse was that all of my friends were here, watching me relive that fateful prom night all over again in my head

"I know I know, I'm fine now, I promise." I tell with a smile, and tuck my loose hair behind my ears. Nobody else knew what I was going through besides Stace, I couldn't bare the thought of having burdened someone else with my basket case behavior.

So, after the girl before me walked out of the kitchen and into the backyard, I had to gather myself. It's only been 12 days since the whole kidnapping and shooting incident, although, it seems like it just happened yesterday. I can still hear the cocking of the gun, and the screams of pain that soon came afterwards.

Speaking of which, before I could move another inch, Collin had walked through the sliding glass doors. When our eyes met, he turned around, locked the door, and even closed the curtains back.

"What are you doing, Collin?" I smile, and grab the bottle of ketchup from off of the counter

"What are you doing, Collin?" I smile, and grab the bottle of ketchup from off of the counter. As I said earlier, Stacey is the only one who's aware of my PTSD, I couldn't even tell Collin, and he's supposed to be my secret boyfriend.

"Nothing," He trailed, and walked over to me quietly. There, he turned me around and pushed my lower body forward with his, so that I was now pinned in between him, and the island table. "just came in to check on you."

"Really?" I furrowed my eyebrows, and placed my hands over his arms, which somehow found their way firmly locked around my waist. "I didn't think that getting ketchup for George's burger required babysitting."