Chapter 7

"There they are." I point out to Ashitaka and we leap off my brother's. "Go." I tell him. He runs in front of them with arms spread out.

    "Stop right there!" The main man that we met before looks at us with surprise.

    "Whoa! Oh, you're both alive. Oh, how nice, but where's the other girl?" I snarl at him.

    "I'm giving the creature back its head. Put the box down and back away." Ashitaka approaches him.  

    "Give the head back now? Come on, boy. Don't be silly. Now, when the sun's about to come up? Look! He's a brainless swollen, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. "

    "Sir, its coming! We've gotta get out of here!"

    "Look, everybody wants everything. That's the way the world is. But I might actually get it." Ashitaka wouldn't have any of that.

    "Don't force me to kill you."

    "Oh, dear you make it sound so very easy. You really ought to...relax!" The man tries to kick Ashitaka, but he dodges and Ashitaka guides the man away as one of the other man tries to cut me with his dagger. I dodge and kick him in the face as he slices at me. I finally kick him and try to run after the men. The Forest spirit scares the men which makes them drop it. I try to chase after it, but I was too slow.  

    "Ashitaka!" I yell to him, but as he tries to catch it the fat man gets in the way and begun to roll with the head. He ends up trapped along with us and one of his men surrounded by ooze.

    "Open the box!" Ashitaka orders the man.

    "Don't you see? It's too late for that now!" I whisper into Ashitaka's ear.

    "Why are you wasting your breath talking to him?"

    "Human hands must return it!" The man grumbles for a second, and then opens the container. I and Ashitaka lift the head. As we do I gasp in shock as he and I are being covered in his demon markings. "Forest Spirit! We give you back your head! Take it and be at peace!" Ashitaka yells at the night walker and we wait.

    "Uh, well, that got his attention, all right." The spirit turns to lean over us and as he does Ashitaka wraps his arm around my middle. We all watch in wonder as we are covered in a golden light. It felt as if the sun was shining upon us, and then it disappears as a great gust of wind ripped apart. I and Ashitaka are blown into a giant grass meadow and as we hit a dark calmness. I did not dream, but I thought of many things in my state of unconscious. I thought about all the deaths, the destruction, but I also think about the possibilities of the future. It seemed almost as it seemed like it was centuries until I was awoken by somebody calling my name. I look and see it was Ashitaka. He helps me up as we walk to the edge of the cliff and see all the beautiful sight of flowers and trees.

    "Even if all the trees return it won't be his forest anymore. The Great Forest Spirit is dead now." I think out loud.

    "Never. He's life itself. He's not dead, Luka. He's here right now, trying to tell us something that it's time for us both to live even with all the deaths." I look up to him, filled with so many emotions and nod. He looks at me and he smiles down at me.

    "Ashitaka, I love you." I say quietly as I look down with a blush across my face. My face was brought back up to look into Ashitaka's eyes.

    "I love you too." I smile the biggest smile I have ever smiled in my life and tackled him. We fall into the grass and I kiss him with all the passion I could muster. Even in shock Ashitaka meets my kiss and after a few minutes we break apart.

    "I may be the other wolf girl, but this wolf girl is in love with a human." I laugh. I look down and see a look of wonder come upon his face. "What?" I ask him.

    "Your hair." I look at my hair and gasp in shock. Instead of it being silver white it's now navy blue with a sliver streak. I touch it and it still feels the same, but now it's a different color. "Wow." he whispers.  

    "You like?" I ask him.

    "Yes." he smiles at me. I laugh and kiss him again.

    "So do I!" As we sit up I see my brothers who had San's body with them. I get off of Ashitaka and help him up. "Ashitaka, you mean so much to me, but there is something I must do. Go to the Iron Town people and I will return to you by night fall." He nods to me and I walk to my brothers. "Ready?" I ask them. They both bark and I grab San's body and hop upon one of them. We run to the now destroyed island where the Forest Spirit used to live. I dig up a good size hole on the island near where mother saved us and gently set her body inside. I bury her while my brothers watched me. By the time I was finished it was mid-afternoon. "Please take me to Ashitaka." I ask my brothers. They guided me back to Ashitaka. He was helping clear the left over destruction from Iron Town. "Ashitaka!" I shout at him. He looks up and smiles. I run up to him.

    "Hello Wolf Girl." He greets me. I growl at him playfully and grab hold of his face.

    "You got that right." I kiss him and all I could hear was cat calls and wolf whistles coming from the Iron Town people.

    "Get a room!" a voice laughs at us. We break apart and I look to where the voice came from.

    "Toki!" I laugh at the sight of the woman. She was covered in wild flowers which for some reason made me laugh. "We're not even husband and wife." I laugh at her. All the laughing stops and I look around in confusion. "What?" I look up at Ashitaka. He has a blush across his face which I had never seen before. "Ashitaka?" I question.

    "Do you want to?" he asks me and I look at him in shock.

    "Yes!" I yell and kiss him hard. Again came the cat calls and wolf whistles. “This wasn't just the end, it's just the beginning!”

((THE END!!! PLz Vote and review thx u!!))