I'm lonely. I'm so lonely right now. I wish my mom is here to comfort me. I remember it's her birthday next week, and I'm going to visit her grave. Oh... I miss her so badly. I long for her comforting words, telling me that everything will be fine... her hugs, kisses, and soft caresses until I fall asleep. It's sad that no one's here for me now.

Zion's POV

"What's the problem, Zion? You still can't memorize your line. You didn't show up in your rehearsals with Claire." Miss Robinson's facial expression was clouded with anger. I looked at Claire who was sitting across me. Her whole face was totally covered by the script. I couldn't see her expression from my angle.

"But, Miss..." I tried to butt in.

"I'm trying to help you improve your grades, but you're not helping yourself. Your mom even talked to me about it."

"She did?"

"Yeah. She came here the other day. We talked about your grade and how you'll recover it. She was thankful that you'll be joining the play." She shook her head disappointedly. "Just tell your mom that we can't take you anymore."

"What?" What the hell is she talking about? Just because I haven't memorized the lines, I'm out already? It was not a proper rehearsal yet with Claire, for God's sake. Miss Robinson was an impossible woman. I wanted to tell her that I planned on memorizing my lines during the holiday break. My Aunt Sapphire could help me with that.

"You leave me no choice but to replace you. You are not exerting much effort for the play."

"No, Miss... Please. I'll do it."

"Sorry, Zion. You wasted too much of our time already." She put the script inside her folder and continued. "You have to study very hard though and aim for excellence in your English exams to cope up with your failing grade. If you don't do well, then I can't help you anymore. You have to repeat the subject."

No way! My dad would have me grounded. It would be the end of my teenage life! This is not happening. It will be embarrassing if I don't graduate this year.

"Oh no... I'm so sorry, miss." I said apologetically. Begging for another chance. But she ignored me.

"Claire, we have to move the date for a week or two. We have to wait for Cameron to recover." Miss Robinson focused her attention to Claire again.

Cameron? There was no other Cameron in school but the son of our principal. Cameron Talbot. The douchebag who flirted with Maddie. The thought of them kissing in the men's toilet lingered in my mind.

"Please give me one last chance." I begged again. "I promise to put my heart and soul into it."

"Enough, Zion. We're done with this." Miss Robinson stood up holding her folder. "That's my final decision."

"I'll do anything, Miss Robinson. I'll practice every day. I promise... I'll make it so good. I'll do the best that I can." I followed her to the door.

"It's over." She said and opened the door.

"No, miss. It's not over. I'll prove it to you."

She heaved a long sigh. "It's up to you, Zion. But right now I'm considering Cameron. He'll be back after the holiday break, just in time for the stage rehearsal."

"I'll be ready, miss. I'll impress you."

She shrugged her shoulders. "We'll see."

I was relieved and shouted "Yes" when Miss Robinson left. At least there was still hope of playing the role of Romeo. I would do my best to impress her.

I saw Claire stand up and sling her backpack on her shoulders.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

Her eyes widened with pretentious innocence. Like she had no idea of what I was asking her about. "Home." She answered.

"You can't go home yet. We have to practice."

"We? Or you mean YOU have to practice." Her eyebrows rose a fraction.

She was upset with me. She was playing hard to get now.

"I need your help. I can't do it alone." I lowered my voice, trying to imitate Flynn Rider by putting on a pout to charm her. It worked on girls, I was sure it would work on Claire, too.

One of her eyebrows rose then she lifted her chin up. "Sorry, I cant. It's my mom's birthday."

"What about tomorrow? I'll see you at the theatre, same time?" I managed to ask before she opened the door to leave.

"I'm not sure... " She replied.

I opened the door wide and went out before she could. "Okay. I'll see you then."

***

The following day, Claire did not show up. She ditched me.