Mystery Since Birth

Start from the beginning

"What are you making, Your Majesty?" I ask her, as I watch her put some horrific ingredients in the equipment. For example, one of the ingredients looks like a dead person's finger, and I pray that it isn't an actual dead person's finger. She doesn't reply until she spits into the mixture and is still mixing the ingredients together.

"I am making a potion that will turn both of you back to your original sizes," she replies with a smile. Her soft, kind voice beats her sister's loud, and annoying voice any day. WAIT! This is a concoction that I am supposed to drink and she just spit in it. Oh, if it isn't for the fact that I want to spend time with the Hatter in my normal size, I would not drink that whatsoever. Audibly gulping, I reluctantly take the small cup of the potion and drink a little bit of it. My body starts to grow larger, and I jump of the table, but I continue to grow even while I am in the air. In other words, by the time my feet touch the ground I am back to my full five foot five-inch height. I am so happy that I literally jump onto Mirana and squeeze her until I realize that she can't breathe.

"Sorry," I give a small smile to her, when I look down at myself to make sure my clothes are still there. Thankfully, my clothes are still there, and I look back at my sister. Her clothes are there too, but her clothes are too big for her now. Running towards her, I grab her into a bear hug and squeeze the life out of her as well. Surprisingly, her earl gray tea smell that always accompanies her is still there after everything that has happened so far. Remembering something, I quickly search through my pockets until my hand encounters cold gold metal. The gold pocket watch is still in my pocket even after all the running and sleeping.

The white queen takes my right hand and my sister left hand. She leads us away from the kitchen and to a place so we can get some dresses to wear. I end up wearing a grayish-whitish dress slash robe looking outfit with delicate gold embroidery. My dark sapphire blue hair is curled into big soft curls. This is the first time where I am willingly wearing a light-colored outfit, and let me just say I can work this outfit. This outfit emphasizes all my curves, and I am just adoring this dress slash robe. If only Tarrant is here, then this would be a great moment out of all these somewhat horrid memories.

Sighing, I walk onto a balcony that is on top of the great hall. The balcony overlooks the entrance to the castle, and I can also see the road that the Bandersnatch arrived on. Slowly, tears roll down my face, and I cover my eyes with my hands. My body starts shaking from the sobbing, and I can only be thankful that I cry very quietly. Before I even know it, I have been standing at the balcony for a few hours and the sun has set long ago. Unfortunately, I am still crying for Tarrant, when I feel someone place their hand on my shoulder. Thinking that it is Alice, I hug the person and cry on their shoulder. Instead of the earl gray tea smell that my sister has, I smell vanilla and roses, which is telling me that this is not Alice.

"Why are you crying, AnaBeth?" a delicate voice that belongs to the white queen asks me. I simply shake my head from side to side, and she starts patting my back to comfort me. I like this queen then the other queen, because she stays quiet and patiently waits until I can't cry anymore and only whimpers escape my throat. She gently pushes me away to arm's length and stares at me expectantly.

"I'm crying, because I am worried for the Mad Hatter. He could be dead right now, and I wouldn't have been able to tell him how I felt," I explain to her in a broken voice. A knowing gleam shines in her eyes after everything I said, and she gives me a gentle, knowing smile.

"AnaBeth, do you have feelings for the Mad Hatter?" I whisper a quiet yes to her question, and her knowing smile changes to a happy one. Suddenly, she takes me in her arms in a giant bear hug and her happiness is radiating from her entire beings. What is going on, right now? Releasing me from her grasp, she clasps both of her very pale hands together and looks at me, "Oh, AnaBeth, this is wonderful. I don't think you have anything to worry about!"

Before I can ask her, what she means, my sister comes onto the balcony wearing a white dress slash robe. Those two-start talking, and I just tune them out, because in all honest I can only really think of Tarrant now. Trying to distract myself, I take out the gold pocket watch and focus on it. Like I said before it is gold, but I notice something that I haven't notice before. On the lid of the watch is a beautifully engraving of what looks like gears. Turning the watch, there is no engraving on the back, and there isn't anything on the back. After I turn it over again, I press the button on the top of the watch, and it slowly pops open. The glass inside of it is made of crystal, and I can tell that someone took a great amount of time creating this piece of art. Inside of the lid, there is some words engraved in it: To Dimer, The Most Special Baby in The Universe. Dimer? I always wonder if that is my actual name, but then I remind myself that I do remember my name being AnaBeth. Maybe, it is my actual last name or a pet name? I don't really know, but I want to know who gave me this watch. The second's handle ticks by, and I lose myself in my thoughts.

Snapping out of my head, I look around the balcony for the queen and my sister, but they are both gone. Huh, was I really that out of it that I didn't hear them leave? Sighing, I close the pocket watch and put it back in the dress pocket. I lean against the railing and look at the starry night sky. It is always amazing to watch the millions of sparkling stars with the moon in the center of them all. While I am thinking this, I feel a presence to the side of me, and I glance over to stop breathing. My eyes are wide open, and my mouth goes dry. After a minute, I shake my head and tackle the person to the ground, while weeping in joy. My Tarrant is here and alive.

g