Woah, this story took a turn.

Herobrine looked up at the shining golden axe, just above his body. This was his fault... his own crystal was broken, and Notch had gotten what he wanted. Anger built up, though, and anger grew like a spark on wood, painted with flammable material. Herobrine burst with anger, and summoned up a flaring blue energy ball, swirling with fustrated determination to attempt destroying Notch.

Herobrine chucked the ball at Notch, and it connected with the god's face, knocking him backwards. With the last remaining strength that Herobrine had, he teleported to the overworld, off to the only player he trusted-- Steve.

Steve was still is shock of Herobrine teleporting off like that and jumped when Herobrine re-appeared, right at his feet.

Notch had detected where the injured god teleported off to, and teleported into Steve's house, just in front of Herobrine and Steve. Steve was kneeling down in front of Herobrine, who was gasping for air and groaning in pain. "Hero?!" Steve exclaimed, and expression of worry and confusion growing on his face. He hadn't known what happened, in fact, he didn't even know what a god crystal was.

Steve noticed Notch's boots and looked up to face the fustrated god. 'Time to finish him off... once and for all,' Notch thought, growling softly. Both gods were tired of eachother, and they both wanted to get rid of eachother. Notch had just beat Herobrine this time. He drew his golden axe and raised it above Herobrine, but before the axe could come in contact with the god, Steve's iron sword blocked the attack, making a Cling! sound that rang through the house and made sparks fly off both weapons.

Notch was confused about why Steve, a simple, naive player would protect the god of 'destruction'. If he would have to fight him to get to Herobrine, so be it. He started to fight Steve, just above Herobrine. Notch had been busy with other things, and not focused on fighting with actual weapons. Steve ended up getting a few hits on the god.

Herobrine had a few tricks up his sleeve, too. He mumbled a soft apology to Steve, and a soft promise that he would get his house fixed after it was all over. Steve looked confused for a moment, but then he heard the roar of the Enderdragon, and also some trees crashing. He jumped and hid under a table on instinct. Notch turned in the direction of the noise, his eyes widening slightly.

The dragon's head crashed through a side of the house, causing the whole house to shake. Notch gasped softly and started to attack the dragon. Steve shook and looked around for Herobrine's glowing white eyes through the thick dust.

Not too far from the house, there was an open portal to the void. The void was almost inescapable, no teleportation could get anyone out. This was where Notch had thrown Herobrine many times, but made the mistake of not looking for his crystal. Herobrine always ended up being brought back somehow, some foolish player trying to summon him.

Herobrine had created the portal, and planned on having the Enderdragon toss Notch through the portal. And just that happened. Notch was caught off-guard, and the Enderdragon grabbed the god in its jaws. Notch tried to teleport away from the dragon, but before he could think of it, the dragon flung him towards the large, dark, swirling portal.

Notch had to do something before he was banished forever. With a snap of his fingers, he made the shattered crystal shards disperse across multiple universes. This took affect just as Notch was swallowed by the darkness and the portal closed.

The smoke slowly cleared, and Steve found himself standing in front of the god. Herobrine's eyes were dead, there was no glow to them. A thick layer of dust covered the ground and atmosphere, giving the house. and surrounding area a depressing look. Steve felt shattered. His home was destroyed, and so was Herobrine. He felt his eyes well up with tears,he just barely noticed a small, cyan crystal on the ground. That was Notch's mistake. He had accidentally teleported one of the shards into Steve's house.

Steve silently walked over to the crystal, the sound of his gray boots hitting the dust-covered wooden floor echoing through the detroyed house. The small gem shimmered in the sunlight that was barely leaking through the hole in the wall. Steve kneeled in front of it and touched it. As soon as his blocky finger came in contact with the gem, he saw... everything. Images flooded through his mind, teaching him what god crystals were. He learned that everyone had a crystal, and everyone had to protect their crystal.

He learned that his crystal was insidee of him, operating as his motor. He picked up the small gem,knowing it was a part of Herobrine's crystal. If he would have to do a job for Herobrine, so be it.