The man sat up cheerfully, hiding the pain that was seeping through his vanes as he propped himself up and lent on the pillowcase behind him. His eyes were reduced to small slits as he smiled brightly, but his face was dull and lifeless as he sat wasting away.

Sehun simply nodded, closing the door behind him with a small creak as it moaned against the movement. He would have been even earlier if Taeyeon hadn’t called him out.

Luhan watched the boy as he walked slowly and quietly, eyes distant and attention far from where he was. He sighed. “Are you okay Sehun? You seem to have something on your mind.”

But the boy shook his head and placed his rucksack on the white sheets of Luhan’s hospital bed. He carefully took the prewritten planes from their confines inside the bag and handed them to the man who took them in his delicate hands. He watched as Luhan picked each one up and inspected it for a red number that Sehun had scribbled onto them, telling his close friend which order to read the letters.

When he was done he looked up with excited, curious eyes. They brought even his tired body to life, and Sehun watched as he quickly stood from the bed – still dressed in the hospital gown that he used to sleep.

“What’s an arcade?” He suddenly asked, walking straight past the teen and struggling to pull some clean clothes onto his body. Sehun watched him, unsure if he should help as the slender man tripped forwards slightly as his leg caught in the jeans he was trying to put on. “Ah. Oops.” He let out, a giggle leaving his mouth as he stood straight and turned to Sehun.

The boy’s eyes grew wide when he realised that Luhan was waiting for an answer, and to distract himself from the topless form of the patient he turned and hurried to pull paper out of his jean’s pocket as he lent on the bedside table, scribbling a small description of what an arcade was like.

Sehun turned once more and handed the paper to the man who was wearing a thin t-shirt and greyed jeans. He sighed, quickly writing more words as he tried to persuade his friend to dress warmer.

Luhan did as he was told – pulling on the thickest jumper in his small collection and nodding at Sehun as a sign that he was ready to go.

The younger boy pulled the door open, and Luhan let out a small sound of disappointment.

“Oh. Do I have tests today?”

The woman smiled just like she had earlier that day – a smile that showed both sorrow and happiness. “Not today Luhan” She spoke softly, and Luhan seemed to light up once more. “I’m not on duty today. So I thought that – considering the fact Sehun can’t drive and it would be an awfully long walk – I could drop you off at the arcade.”

“You’d do that? But Doctor Kim it’s your day off.”

Sehun looked at Luhan in wonder. He had expected the man to ask how she knew that was where they were going – but he had probably guessed that Sehun had ran the idea past the woman before deciding it was going to happen.

“I know.” She turned on her heel, and the two followed after the shorter woman. “And that’s why I’m not Doctor Kim today, but Taeyeon. Besides, I have a favour to return.”

The drive was quiet as Luhan watched the sights passing by. He was amazed by the people that worked hard and the children that walked in groups both big and small. He acted like a little puppy, only just being introduced to the world that he had lived in all this time.

Sehun didn’t know if he should smile at the man’s reactions or take pity for the fact that he was a fully grown man but had never seen the outside world. He didn’t know what an arcade was, and Sehun was sure that was just one of the many things that Luhan didn’t know about.