Chapter 10

"This is our last dream together." Harry doesn't know why he said it. Louis was relaxed and at peace in his arms, completely oblivious to the pain Harry was feeling. As soon as the words left Harry's mouth he regretted them, because Louis tensed up and, after a moment, began to cry.

"Wh-what if I can't see you? What am I going to do?" Louis blubbered, using his fists to rub the tears away from his eyes to the point he was seeing stars behind his eyes. Harry stopped him, pulling his hands away from his eyes and kissing him on the cheek.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" Harry whispered. "I'll be able to see you, and that probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I'll always be right there, watching over you. Okay? Boo, stop crying. I'll be right there, and then I'll be back with a beating heart."

Louis had a moment of doubt, because all of the worst scenarios were running through his mind. What if Harry wasn't actually real, and when the month was up, Harry wasn't back? What if Harry just died because he was meant to die? What if Louis never actually saw Harry again?

"Baby, none of that is going to happen." Harry said. His voice sounded crushed. His heart was clenched up, seeing Louis crying like this- almost as bad as he had one those lonely nights in the weeks following Harry's death. Why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut?

"What?" Louis muttered, confused. Had he said something out loud? Then he remembered that Harry could read his mind up here, and he mumbled, "Oh." He wasn't sure why he kept forgetting about that.

Harry chuckled. He pressed his chest into Louis' back so he could kiss Louis' cheek, even hunch over and kiss Louis' lips if he wanted. But he didn't, because he wanted to say something first."

"I'm sorry," Harry said. "I didn't mean to say that. But it is true, this is our last dream together. I'll be back, though. Even if you can't see me while I'm a ghost, I'll be back on my birthday. Okay?"

Harry didn't actually let Louis respond. "And you know what? We can have birthday sex- reunion sex, whatever you want to call it. We can spend the day with the boys and then it will be just the two of us in the night."

Louis let out a whine, wanting to tell Harry to stop, but Harry shushed him. "And we can eat everything we can. Remember when we used to do that, Boo? When we had an eating contest to see who could eat the most?"

Louis did remember that. He and Harry (including the other boys) never ate properly when they had a busy few weeks, which happened at least twice every month, so when those weeks were over, Harry and Louis would eat everything they could to make up for the food they missed. It was probably extremely unhealthy, but neither of them cared all that much.

"Yeah." Louis muttered weakly, a smile breaking over his lips. Harry kissed him again, pulling Louis almost too close, to the point that it would be uncomfortable if the two of them weren't as comfortable with each other as they were.

"And after the couple weeks that we're going to spend with the boys," Harry continued on, wrapping his hands around Louis'. "we'll spend Valentine's day together. We can do anything you want, okay? Anything you want."

"I just want you." Louis muttered, wrapping his arms around Harry's neck. "Harry, I'm gonna wake up soon and I don't want to. I'm gonna wake up and then I'm not gonna see you, Harry, I don't want to lose you again."

"Louis Tomlinson, you are not losing me." Harry said sternly, turning Louis' body to face him completely. "Even if you can't see me, I will be right there. And I'm coming back, okay? I'm coming back."

"Okay." Louis whispered. He closed his eyes and leaned into Harry. For a moment, Harry thought Louis was going to fall asleep right then and there, but then Louis was fading in his arms.

Harry tried to hold back his tears as he pressed a kiss to Louis' forehead. He said, "I love you so much, Boo," but Louis couldn't hear it. He was already gone.