Chapter 7

I haven't updated in like a month yes I know I'm sorry I'm horrible but I will finish this if it's the last goddamned thing I do okay. Okay. So anyways, Merry (Almost) Christmas! I hope you have a good Christmas and I hope to update again before the month is over =)

===

"You were right." Louis said. Harry turned around. He hadn't even realized he was in Louis' dream again- he'd been so deep in thought about the boy who was now in front of him.

"I know." Harry said. He sat down, and Louis sat down next to him. Neither of them said anything for a while, and it was actually kind of awkward. And it was awkward that things were awkward between them, because nothing was every awkward between them.

"I, um," Louis coughed, fiddling with his fingers. "I know you're not just my imagination. I couldn't- I really couldn't have known that."

"No," Harry said, reaching out to slide his fingers over Louis'. "You couldn't have."

"You're coming back." Louis' voice squeaked, but he cleared his throat. Harry hardly noticed. "You're really, really coming back?"

"I've said it a thousand times before." Harry chuckled. He pressed his fingers to Louis' arm, just rubbing it in somewhat comfort and reassurance. "I'm coming back."

The words hit Louis hard this time, and he actually started crying. Harry took Louis into his arms and cuddled him for a while, letting it sink into Louis' system.

Louis thought about this- about being able to tuck himself into Harry's long arms every single day, being able to kiss Harry when he wanted to, being able to cry and not have everyone assume it was the same reason every time. WIth Harry there, everything would be so much better, and Louis let his hope rise- let everything fall back into the side of him that told him hope was good.

"I can't wait to see you again." Louis said. "See you with the other boys. How do you think they're gonna react?"

"Hopefully well." Harry chuckled a bit. He was smiling, having Louis so close to hime again. "It will probably take them a while to get used to me being alive again. They may not believe me- us."

"I doubt they will." Louis muttered. He closed his eyes, sighing. He'd stopped crying. "I don't want to tell them yet. They'll think I'm crazy all over again."

"I know." Harry said, running his fingers over Louis' arm. "I'm glad you haven't told them. I don't want them to lock you up in a mental place or something of the sort. I wouldn't be able to be there to get you out of there- not for another twenty-three days."

"You're gonna be a ghost, yeah?" Louis asked, though it wasn't really a question, which is why Harry didn't answer. "Will I be able to see you?"

"I don't know yet, actually." Harry said. He would try to guess, but he could only see things about Louis' future, not his own.

"I hope I'll be able to." Louis said. "I don't want to have you for ten days and then lose you again. I don't want to lose you again."

"You won't." Harry promised, wrapping his fingers around Louis'. "I'll always be here, you know I will."

"I know you will." Louis muttered, smiling. He pulled away from his and Harry's hug and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. This. This would be great once Harry was back- Harry would be warm, Harry would have a quick-beating heart, Harry would be breathing against his cheek- kissing him deep, kissing him rough, kissing him into oblivion. Louis could just picture it now.

"Your thoughts are very graphic." Harry murmured, chuckling when Louis pouted against his lips. "I think about that too- being able to kiss you as a human again. How lovely, yeah?"

"Yeah." Louis agreed, pulling back. His fingers were still tied together with Harry's. He could imagine them in public- walking around with pride and their fingers glued together.

"I love you." Louis said, sounding so genuine and sure that Harry's heart skipped, his fingers subconsciously tightening on Louis' hand.

"I love you, too." Harry said, matching Louis' genuine tone. He leaned forward and kissed Louis gently. "Love you so, so much."

"Love you so, so much, too." Louis teased, his eyes closed and his forehead pressed to Harry's. He gave Harry a small smile, though he didn't actually know if Louis saw it or not because he didn't know if Harry's eyes were closed like his.

"You're fading." Harry said, disappointed, answering the question of whether or not Harry's eyes were open. "You're fading a lot. I can't feel your hand anymore."

Harry sounded so horribly sad, and it broke Louis' eyes. Louis opened his eyes and looked at Harry. He opened his mouth to say something, to tell Harry he loved him, but suddenly Harry wasn't there anymore, and he was at him in bed with Zayn right beside him.