Part 14 (The Date)

Ella's POV

I sighed on my bed looking at my phone. I'd be crying but I'm all dried up. I was looking at my text messaging and remembering old times with Ruby.

Flashback

I sighed and looked at Victoria with pleading eyes "Please give me back my book Victoria, I need to go to class" I asked her for the tenth time.
"What's in it for me?" She asked with the same annoying smirk she has had for the past three years. "Uh um..Nothing..?" I said unsure of the answer.

"Let me think then..No!" She said as her red hair flowed behind her from laughing at her own "joke". Then we heard the bell ringing "Goodbye loser" she said as she put my book above the top locker meaning I could never reach it, then running for her class. I didn't bother going to class without my book in fear that Victoria would finish class before me with would lead in her taking my book with her and keeping it. I let out a groan and try to come up with a way to come up. Until I hear a bang on the lockers.

"Ruby!" I said –forgetting she was deaf– running up to her and hugging her. 'what are you doing here' I signed. 'what are you doing here' she replied with a wink. 'Victoria took my book and put it up there' I said pointing to the book.

Ruby looked like she was thinking for a minute 'will you be able to lift me?' she asked. 'I mean...We can try' I said so we decided to give it a try I tried carrying her from the foot but that didn't work. Then I tried joining my hands together so I she can step on them to get up. She got the idea tried and succeeded. After she got the book she asked me to put her on the ground which I tried but obviously, was a complete fail. We both fell on the ground and laughed. I personally stopped laughing when the book hit my face. "Personally" meaning: I stopped laughing and Ruby laughed even more.

After that we didn't want to go back to class because the teacher would know we skipped class and would punish us so we decided to get us a free session.

Flashback Ends

After that I just zoned out and stared at the wall Infront of me. Eventually the door opening interrupted me.

"You know you can knock right?" I asked the figure standing Infront of me also know as Hunter.

"Yeah." He replied in a Smart a-. I mean.. He replied in a I'm-trying-to-tick-you-off tone. I guess he shares that tone with Jess. "You know you should be getting ready right?"

"For what?" I asked confused. "Your date?" He replied mimicking my tone.

"Oh, I'm not going" I said sighing in the end.

"What why?!" He asked surprised especially cause I told him I had a crush on Ryan.

"I don't feel like going out after the Ruby incident" I said sadly.

"Oh..Well it's your choice then.." he said, he seemed disappointed a little bit, I got to know Hunter a little bit better the past few days, and knowing him, he probably wanted to choose my outfit.

"I mean I already told Ryan..And he understood..But I kind of regret it because it would be the first date I ever went on"

"First?" Hunter asked looking surprised.

"Don't be so surprised, I'm sure you expected it." I said rolling my eyes.

"No seriously I didn't think someone as great as you wouldn't have had a first date" he said as I began blushing. "Oh, shut up Hunter. I'm already regreting it."