Part 13 "I'm so sorry.."

Ella's POV

"I'm so sorry..." The doctor said sadly looking at us in sympathy. Expecting what's coming I start cryi- sobbing. Mrs. Clark rubs my back in comfort while trying to stop herself from crying and staying calm as well.

"She's in a coma" The doctor less sadly but still sad with the same look of sympathy. Ruby's mother was still crying , but I didn't know what I was feeling. I guess I was happy that she's not...gone, but still sad that she's..gone. as I cried I asked myself questions I didn't know the answers to.

What's going to happen to her?
What's happening to her now?
Is she gone or is she alive?
Who am I going to sit with?
Who's going to comfort me?
Who is going to be there when I need to vent?
Who will make me feel like I'm not alone in this world, with no one to help me?
Who's gonna help me with face my problems?

As I was thinking all these questions I felt someone hug me. Even without knowing who it was I hugged back, a hug is what I needed right now. I look up to be greeted with a familiar face.

Hunter.

Hunter?

Hunter!

As I thought of this name I found the answer to some of my questions. I didn't know hunter for long. But I trusted him, I hate myself for it but I did. And I couldn't control it, he just seemed..Trustable.

In the midst of thinking of these thoughts, questions, Hunter and Ruby the doctor came in saying "you're free
To visit her. But one at a time is safer."

We didn't question it.

Mrs.Clark obviously went first being Ruby's mother.

Mr.Clark went second, need I explain why?

Then it was either me or Hunter.

Hunter being the gentleman he is offered that I go first.

If it was anyone else I would've told him to go first.

But it was Ruby.
It was my best friend.
It was my only friend.

I went in and say next to Ruby in the cold uncomfortable chair. As I looked at her helpless, broken body I couldn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes.
I thought about how awful it must feels to be in a coma. Unable to see anything and if you try to open your eyes you get nothing, nothing except darkness. Knowing how scared Ruby get from the dark I felt even worse for her.

I heard that when someone's in a coma they hear what's around them. If it's true then all she would have heard would be sobs. I thought about talking to her, but I knew if I do that it'll make even more tears fall.

Looking at her helpless body I couldn't help thinking about our old days and I couldn't help reminiscing the days she was fine. Forgetting Hunter was outside waiting for me to come out so he could come in I started having flashbacks.

Flashback

"Mom, I'm going to the library" I said picking up my book bag from the floor.
"Why?" She asked in I-already-know-why-but-i-want-to-annoy-you tone, or at least that's what I called it.
"To get a book?.." I said in a duh tone. Y'know if we're doing tones here.
"For learning or fun?" She asked looking at me in mock-strictness "Both?" I said uneasily followed with an awkward smile hoping she'd give in.
"Fine. But only because you're birthday is coming up." She said the last part excitedly.
"Thanks!" I said heading for the door but stopping as I realised my mom hadn't finished talking.
"I can't believe your turning ten!" She said more excited than I was. I guess, I'm not that fond of growing up. I've heard a lot of people saying that growing up sucks and that you get responsibilitys and just that makes me get chills.
"You're going to be two digits! Aren't you excited?!"

"Yeah!" I said pretending to be excited so she doesn't get mad and forbid me from going.

"I'm gonna go now.." I said as my mom continued talking probably paying no attention to me.

I went to the library on foot I'd take my skate board but the ground is rough and they wouldn't let the skateboard and it would probably get stolen.
I'd take my bike, but I don't have one. I would have one if I knew how to ride one, but I'm to scared

I arrive in the library and greet the liberarian.
She greets me back with a smile. She probably remembers me because not alot of nine year olds go to the library, I think.
I head into the young adult section and start looking for a good book to read. I continue to do that until someone bumps into me resulting in knocking her books on the floor.

"Ow." I say.
The girls reddens in embarrassment and moves her hand in a circle movement on her chest.
"Wha..?" I ask with a puzzled expression.
I see the girl sigh and then point to a book on the ground.
As I'm looking at it I realise it says:
Sign language dictionary
Realisation hits me making me find out she's mute.. or deaf.. or both.

"Oh are you..?" I say pointing to my mouth. She gets a confused look and points to her ear.

"So you're deaf?" I say. She looks puzzled still, so I pick up the dictionary and search for the words are you deaf.
I managed to find are and deaf.
I tried doing them but I guess I did them wrongly so she giggled. I blushed and pointed at the words and then she showed me how it's done.
Afterwards she nodded and pointed to the you.

I picked her books up and used the dictionary to ask her to teach me some sign language.

------------
So.. missed me?

Oh my god we hit 14k!!!
Thankyousomuch you dont know how happy I am!!

Sorry for not updating but..Exam season I would've post this sooner but you know wi-fi and things so.. good night now!