Max smiled as he knocked on the door before letting himself in. He stopped short just inside the room. Luca was lying on the bed, his eyes closed and a pleasant smile on his face, in nothing more than low riding pajama pants. He looked mouthwatering and Max's body responded to the sight, his cock hardening, lurid images of their bodies tangled together coming to his mind.

The music coming from Luca's iPod filled the room and Max figured the man hadn't heard his knock over the melody of Lady Antebellum's I Run To You. Over the last three days he had found out that his cowboy was a country music junkie. His iPod was run down with country music from Reba McEntire to Jason Aldean to Miranda Lambert. Luca was a cowboy in mind, body and soul.

There was no way Max could ask Luca to abandon that part of his life. The idea to ask Luca to move to New York with him had crossed his mind but he'd disregarded it immediately. Luca loved the country, he lived and breathed the land he worked, not to mention his ranch. No, Max couldn't take him away from there. But he didn't think he could stay in the country either. Which left him back in New York without Luca.

Pushing the thoughts out of his head, Max closed the door quietly behind him. Walking over to where Luca lay he stared down at the man. His jet black hair was tousled all over his pillow, long lashes kissed high cheekbones and those thin lips were slightly pulled up into the makings of a smile. Max's eyes roamed lower to Luca's bare chest, his flat taunt abs, and he felt his fingers itch to touch that caramel skin again.

With a small smile Max moved to straddle his cowboy's hips, jostling the bed softly. Luca didn't open his eyes but his smile grew as Max's groin brushed his. Max grinned and leaned down to place a kiss on that delectable mouth. Running his tongue along those thin lips Max felt, rather than heard, the groan vibrating up from Luca's chest.

Opening his mouth Luca let him in. Max's tongue invaded his mouth and tangled with Luca's drinking in his cowboy's moans. Rough, callused, hands slipped under Max's shirt to run up and down his back. Max groaned and rotated his hips, grinding his aching cock against the hard bulge in Luca's pajama pants.

Luca chuckled under Max and broke the kiss, "Someone's eager." He said huskily.

"Speak for yourself." Max grinned, rubbing his groin against Luca's again causing his cowboy to buck up into him.

"I was bombarded by a sinful angel, how could I fight with that?" He reached up and placed a soft kiss to Max's neck.

"Mm?" Max was too preoccupied with the feeling of Luca's lips on his sweet spot to answer.

With a chuckle, Luca pulled back and stared up at him, "How was your time with your grandfather?"

Every day Max spent the afternoons with his grandfather. The main reason he came back to Sterling Ranch was to be with the old man but he'd spent more time out in the land than at the ranch house. Luckily his grandfather didn't seem to mind and looked healthier than Max had ever seen him. If he was honest Max thought the whole heart problem was a ploy to get him back to the country. He couldn't be mad, however, especially not when he was with Luca.

"It was good. Granddad only mentioned me needing to stay at the ranch five times today. That's progress from the eight from yesterday."

Luca chuckled, "He just wants what's best."

Max sighed, "I know. He thinks I don't take it seriously when he mentions it but I do. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to move back to Sterling Ranch. I remember all the memories from my past." Un-straddling Luca's waist, Max moved to lay down next to him, staring at the ceiling, "Did you know that this room used be where I had sleepovers?"