Memories

Rory was sitting at her desk, her laptop in front of her. She had been staring at the cursor now, blinking away for the past half hour and was still no closer to figuring out what to say. What do you say to an ex-boyfriend who turned into a what happens in Vegas friend, one who you are still attached too and lets be honest, in love with. Even if you can't formulate the right words to say that out loud. She heard he was getting married next weekend, she hated the fact that she had this massive bombshell to drop on him, it wasn't exactly fair but it wasn't also fair not to tell him. Before her Mom and Luke left on their honeymoon, she told Luke and he had some lovely words of wisdom.

"Rory, if I had known I had a daughter, I would of been there for her. Regardless of what was going on in my life. Twelve years I'll never get back because I didn't know, and who knows what would of happened if she wasn't doing that for the science fair, would I have found out at all? I know I don't know Logan all that well, but I think I know him well enough to know that if he knew you were having his baby, he'd want to be there."

She knew he was right, it was just trying to form the right words. She was going to call but couldn't press the call button on her phone, she'd tried for days. So she decided that maybe writing it all down would be easier, but alas the words weren't forming, some writer she was! The cursor was still moving, it seemed to be getting quicker, like it was getting annoyed that she was taking so long. She moved away from it for a moment and picked up the book beside her laptop but it wasn't long before thoughts of how Logan and her had run into each other a couple of years before, crossed her mind.

Two Years Earlier

It had been an extremely long flight, of all the flights in the world it would of been the longest in existence by far. Sitting in economy, she was in front of an annoying child who spent most of the flight kicking the back of her chair and the mother not doing a thing about it. Sitting next to her, on the right was a nervous passenger, we've all been next to one. You know the ones that hold the vomit bag just in case, nervously watching every little thing, getting jumpy at every little bump. Thankfully there wasn't much turbulence, but it still didn't matter. To her left was an older gentleman who kept reminiscing about the past. It wasn't that he was talking to anyone in particular, just talking. She was so glad to be off that plane.

As she was making her way out into the terminal, checking her emails as her phone finally got its act together after being off for so long. She wasn't watching where she was going, which always spelt bad when it came to Rory Gilmore, she was accidentally tripped by a guy who had his back to her but foot stretched back like he was stretching.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." He said as he grabbed her hand to help her up.

As Rory stood up, trying to get all the hair out of her face, she looked at him. "Oh it's okay, I really need to watch where I'm goi... Logan?" She said as her eyes fixated on a man with whom she hadn't spoken to for many years.

"Rory? What have I told you about watching where your going?" He said chuckling. He motioned to a couple of guys he was with that he'd catch up with them. "Of all the places I could of imagined running into you, literally doing it in Hamburg was not one of them. Are you okay?"

"I have a slight bruised ego, possible other bruises that may pop up over the course of the day but for the most part I'm fine. Wow, Logan." She said as she studied him for a moment. "You look a little more distinguished."

"As that your way of saying that I'm old now?"

"No, never!" She said panicking.

"Relax Ace, I was joking. I know what you meant."

As he said his nickname for her out loud, she had to swallow hard, forcing her heart to return to its usual position. "Well, it was lovely running into you, but I should really let you go to rejoin your group and I should go too. But yes very lovely to see you again, it has been too long and I'm really sorry." She said as she turned around quickly and started walking off in the direction of baggage claim.