Chapter 16

Juliet's P.O.V.
Tracy won. If Sierra had won I would be less shocked. Obviously I would still be very shocked if Sierra won, since I am definitely the most athletic one of the group. But Tracy won. I noticed Tracy did look happy about winning but she didn't try to rub it in, which was very nice. Sirius and James on the other hand, seemed very happy that we lost. Tracy received her wand back and sat on a log while toweling off her wet hair. Remus sat next her and congratulated her on winning. Tracy didn't answer back. She was obviously still mad at the four boys because of the wand mishap.

"Since you two lost, you will not receive your wands back and will have to go through one embarrassing moment each. The embarrassing moment for you, Sierra, will be chosen by me" James explained, a grin plastered on his face.

"And Juliet, I will pick your moment." Sirius said coming out of the shadows I internally groaned. Sirius may be all flirty and cute and stuff but he can think of some crazy things. And I am willing to do anything to get my wand back. Why did I have to fall for the mischievous trickster? Tracy looks at us sympathetically, but it seems Sierra doesn't seem to notice. She looks really nervous. Realization dawns on me.

They are still in a fight. They being Sierra and James. At least, that's what I heard from Sierra. Apparently they both kissed and pretended like nothing happened. Sierra came back to our dorm one night in a daze, and explained what happened. No way was I going to get into that mess.
This could end up worse than my punishment. Hopefully James is man enough to put his emotions aside and pick something okay and not absolutely horrible. Or maybe someone else will realize what a horrible idea it is to have the boy who is literally fighting with his crush pick a punishment. I scan everyone's faces to see if anyone will do something. The only person that looks genuinely worried is Sierra. I don't want to say something in case James blows up at me and convinces Sirius to worsen my punishment.
But on the other hand, Sierra's my best friend and I will stand by her no matter what. This is where I have to choose. Either make Sierra happy and everything okay if it goes well, or if things backfire, have things go one hundred times worse for Sierra and me.

Sierra's P.O.V.
This can not be happening. There could be a possibility that James will not even factor in our fight into this mess. I look to Juliet and she is not making eye contact. I look to James then, and I definitely don't like the direction this is going in. James has a glint in his eye, and I'm not looking forward to see what it's about. "Okay," James sauntered over to me and came uncomfortably close to my face. "This is how it's going to go down."

I never wanted to smack the smirk off his face more than now. He looked me directly in the eyes, he was so close that I could barely think straight, his cool breath was fanning over my face. "I have three options to give you...you have to spend one night in the boys dormitory with me," With the look on my face his smirk got wider, "you have to spend a whole day sitting on my lap," my mouth got even bigger, "or get a pie and throw it in a Slytherin's face in the Great Hall."

His face seemed to get dimmer on the last one, as if he didn't want to even suggest that option. That perverted git. I put on the sweetest smile I could muster and said calmly, "Option three, please." He immediately frowned and ran a hand through his hair while Sirius and Remus laughed, clapping him on the back.

"Better luck next time, mate." They continued laughing hysterically while Juliet nudged me. "You look like a living tomato." I growled and playfully slapped her on the arm, spun on my heel, and headed back to the dormitories.
~~~~~~~~~

"This is so unfair." to Juliet, and she just gave me a pitiful smile. Just my luck that the house elves happen to have made pies this morning. I don't know how, but this has to have something to do with James. I was currently sitting with Juliet and Tracy (who was silent as always). A few seats down were the Marauders who were all grinning eagerly, even Peter.

I leaned over the table and mouthed to James 'which one' and his response made a little piece of me crumble. This is going to be on my conscious forever. I picked the pie up, the whipped cream was in a perfect swirl. However, I wasn't hesitant at all, after all, I was a Gryffindor. I strolled over casually to the table, only glancing back once to see the confused faces of my peers.

I all but pushed these two girls that were sitting at the Slytherin table apart, I believe they were Sirius' cousins...Narcissa and Bellatrix Black...and I put one of my high tops on the table and pushed my weight onto it to give myself a lift. All eyes were on me, but I was the most aware of a certain pair of hazel eyes. I looked my target in the eye, only feeling an ounce of guilt.

My arm swung back, and before anybody could comprehend what happened, the person's face and clothes were covered in whipped cream. Nobody moved a muscle, for the name that James had mouthed was 'Snivellus'. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. First, there was a gasp that came from the Gryffindor table, which could only have been Lily.

Next, Juliet yelled out, "Food fight!" I don't know whether to thank her or kill her. The next moment all of Gryffindor had been throwing foods of all sorts, and eventually the other houses started to join in. I got hit by a couple things and I ducked from the flying apple while managing to bump into James. The noise was deafening, and the professors that had decided to finally step in couldn't do a thing. Or perhaps they didn't want to.

James gave a toothy grin and I gave one back. "Wait! I'm mad at you!" I pouted, and then started to walk away. The only thing in my way was the remnants of mashed potatoes, and my foot decided that that was a perfect place to walk in. I slipped and unceremoniously fell on my bum. James laughed and crouched down, and my lips couldn't help but to tug a little bit upwards.

He rubbed his finger on my cheek and whiped whipped cream off. He then licked it. If Juliet thought I was a living tomato before, she ought to have seen me now. James said something that got blocked out by a boy running around screaming because he couldn't get syrup out of his hair. I gave him a confused look. "Sorry, what did you say?!"

All of a sudden he seemed to mirror my blushing face, and got all flustered. "N-nothing." Real smooth, James. I was about to get up, when he immediately rushed to get up causing me to fall on my bum again. He rushed out of the Great Hall. I sighed and got up, doing my best to brush the mashed potatoes off my behind.

I looked around the room to see the food flying everywhere and people laughing, and felt accomplished to cause something so joyful. I guess I owe it to James, because he started this whole thing. I continued to observe Hogwarts' gleeful students and their moment of letting loose.

What I didn't see was Severus Snape with a murderous look on his face.