Chapter 1: Forbidden

CHAPTER 1: FORBIDDEN

Katsumi's P.O.V

I walked to class with my head down.

'Whatever you do, don't let them see you'. My brother's words came into me like a punch in the face. Why? Why does he want me to let them see me? I'm not a shadow, I can't be invisible. It's humanly impossible to just disappear in everyone's sight.

I sighed. What's going on with me? I don't complain like this. I shook my head and continued my way to class with my head still facing down. Without me noticing, I already bumped into someone. I looked up to see who it is. It's . . . Onee-chan?!

Daiki: You seriously can't walk straight, can you?

Katsumi: Seme'masen, Onee—

I stopped myself before I can say the word ‘Onee-chan’. My brother doesn’t want me to call him that when we’re in school.

Daiki: Don’t call me that here.

Katsumi: I won’t call you that.

Daiki: *nods* Go to your class.

He started to walk to his class, hands in his pockets.

Katsumi: By the way, Aomine-san. (It feels weird when I call him by our last name.) Don’t doze off during classes.

Daiki: I’ll try my best not to.

He continued to walk and I did the same. I let out a heavy sigh. Even though, I said for him not to doze off, I know he will. Okasan and otosan wouldn’t like his results when they get back. Both of our parents work overseas since we were in elementary. They visit every two years.

I entered the class and sat on my seat which is beside the window. In my first year here in this school, I haven’t made any friends yet. And the only thing they knew about me is that I’m Daiki Aomine’s secret sister and that they have to stay it that way or else they have to deal with Onee-san.

What’s the reason Onee-san didn’t want the world know about me? Am I unwanted or something? I shook my head. Why do I complain like this? Is something wrong with me?

?: Katsumi-chan, are you okay? You’re spacing out.

I looked behind me and saw a blue-eyed brunette. Ayahi Suzuki. One of my classmates. She’s seated in front of me.

Katsumi: I’m okay, Ayahi-san.

Ayahi: Are you sure? You don’t space out like this.

Katsumi: Gomen’nasai. I’m alright. I was just thinking of something.

Ayahi: *frowns* You should try for the karate club. I mean you’re strong enough to take down our class bully. *points*

Ayahi points to Takeshi Yoshida, the class bully. He bullies everyone in our class except me. He can’t touch me because he knew that he have to deal with Onee-san about it. But even if he did touch me, I’ll take him down. Maybe it’s time for me to be with others now. I’m sick of being unknown. I want to but I know I can’t. I’m forbidden to.

Ayahi waved her hand in front of my face. She must’ve thought that I was spacing out again.

Katsumi: Gomen’nasai.

Ayahi: *sighs* If you don’t want the karate club, then join the basketball club. Your brother is there.

Katsumi: *shakes head* I don’t like basketball and the fact that Aomine-san doesn’t want the whole world to know that he has a sister.