Chapter 4

When I woke up I was being carried through the hospital halls by a pair of huge arms. As soon as I realized what was happening I kicked and screamed and punched the best I could. "LET ME GO! SOMEBO-" I tried to continue yelling but a pair of hands were on my mouth and I couldn't get them off. I decided to punch my kidnapper in the nose. "OW SHIT!!" A husky voice shouted as they dropped me on the hard floor of the hospital halls. I saw blood covering the floor and I freaked out until I looked up and realized it was from my kidnappers nose. For some reason he had familiar brown hair and his body looked sorta like.. "ANDREW?!" He looked down at me and realized he had dropped me and he knelt down immediately. He held out his hand and I took it, while he helped me up into my feet. "Cara are you okay I'm so-" he started until he was interrupted by me slapping him on the cheek as hard as I could. "WHAT THE HELL!! We met yesterday and you decide to kidnap me while I'm sleeping?!?!" I screamed. "Cara, lower your voice, we aren't supposed to be here. This is for personell only!" He whisper yelled. "Fine. But why did you kidnap me?!" "First of all, I didn't kidnap you. I merely borrowed you from your hospital bed so we could have some fun. Second-" he tried to continue but I interrupted him before he could speak again. "WHAT THE HELL! YOU WERE GOING TO DO WHAT WITH ME?!?!" I screamed, forgetting that I was supposed to be whispering. "Jesus, Cara, not that kind of fun! I'm not that terrible of a person!" He said to me. I felt my mood drop as soon as he said he's 'not that terrible of a person'. "Oh Andrew... you know I didn't mean it like that. I may not know you that well but you're not a terrible person..." I said softly, trying to make him AND myself feel just a little bit better. "Don't worry about it. Let's just get you back to your room because obviously you don't want to be here with me." He said, and at first I thought he was angry. But then I saw it. It wasn't anger that showed in his eyes, it was hurt and disappointment. "No, Andrew, it's okay. I'll go with you to wherever you were going to take me." I said. He smiled at this. He grabbed my hand and practically dragged me across the halls at full speed until we reached the door that said 'EXIT' In huge letters. I followed him to what looked like a greenhouse. There were beautiful flowers and plants everywhere. "WHOA! Andrew this is... beautiful! I don't know what to say! How did you find this?!" I exclaimed. "This is where I always go when I'm feeling low. It's magnificent, isn't it? One of the nurses showed it to me after..." he stopped. "After what?" I asked, almost demanding he tell me. " hey look! These flowers grew back!" He yelled and ran towards them. I followed him and forgot all about what he had said. We talked for a very long time when finally I asked him what I had been wondering from the start. " why are you in the hospital? You don't look sick. " I said. "It's.. a long story." He said, almost pleading me to drop it. But me, being my stubborn curious self, decided to push him farther. " I've got time." "Okay.. you see, people always have bullied me and never really liked me. Everyone called me mean names and pushed me in the halls and just made my life a living hell. Well, one day I just couldn't take it anymore. As soon as I got home I went straight to my bathroom, grabbed my fathers prescription pills out of the cabinet, and just swallowed as many as I could. All I remember is my best friend kicking in the door, grabbing me, and putting us both in the bathroom and put his fingers down My throat so I could throw up the pills...." he explained. I felt so bad. He had been bullied physically and emotionally, he tried to commit suicide, and then I come along and bug him nonstop about it. I didn't know what to say. "I'm so sorry, Andrew. I don't know what to say. I guess... thank you for telling me this. It means so much to me." "It's okay. I don't regret one second of what I did. Because if I hadn't tried to commit suicide... then I wouldn't be here in this hospital. And then... that would mean I wouldn't have met you. And... I know we only met yesterday but you're my everything. You're my will to live, Cara." He said. I didn't answer. I scooted closer to him and smashed my lips against his. He didn't do anything for a second, probably because he was in shock, but then he kissed me back. At first it was slow, but then it became passionate. And then I knew. It was fate that we met... and if I didn't have cancer then we wouldn't have met either... this may sound weird but, while we were kissing, I was actually THANKFUL that I had cancer...