The Love Triangle

*Disclamier- I do not own PJO or HOO! Rick Riordon does! I only own the plot!*

*Percy's POV* *He doesn't have his cast on his leg anymore*

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be                                                   Right in front of me, talk some sense to me"

One month.

14 days.

That's six weeks all together.

Six weeks without her.

Without Annabeth.

My Wise Girl.

Everyone is trying to act like she was never apart of our lives, but they are clearly struggling. She  had an impact on all of us. Big or small. I don't even try to act like she doesn't exist. It hurts more. 

The school days drag on. They seem even longer as each day passes. My friends try to cheer me up, but nothing seems to. Not even my mum's blue cookies. 

It's weird because Annabeth leaving has made me realise how much I need her in my life. I wish I was closer with her. If it wasn't for Luke Castellan (who, by the way, only shows up for school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), we could have been closer. And I hate myself for listening to that jerk.

I tried to get in contact with Annabeth, but it didn't really work.

*FLASHBACK*

After I had got home from school, on the day I found out Annabeth had gone back to California, I went straight to my room. I sat on my bed and stared at Annabeth's contact on my phone. My finger hesitating over the call button. I was debating with myself to call her or not. Maybe she wanted space or something. But I had to know why she left. 

I finally decided to call her. The phone rang for what seemed like forever. In the end, it went to voice mail. I tried another four times but on the last try, a machine picked up telling me her number was disconnected. I was filled with anger and threw my phone across the room. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

Mum came into my room after a few minutes with a worried expression. She came and sat on my bed and put her hand on mine. I kept staring at the ceiling.

"What's wrong honey?" she had asked.

"Annabeth's gone," I whisper, my voice breaking on the word 'gone'. She sighed and I looked at her. 

"On the first night that you were in hospital, I came and visited you. I found Annabeth siting next to your bed. She looked very...distant," Mum said.

"Distant?" I asked.

"Almost like she was trying to decide something. I asked her what was wrong but she said nothing was. After a while, I got her to open up. She told me that she had to leave for California the next night. But she didn't want to go," 

"Why?"

"Because of you Percy," Mum said.

"Me? " I had asked, confused. 

"She didn't want to leave you. Annabeth said she had no choice to leave, but that didn't mean she wanted to go," Mum explained.

"No choice? Everyone always has a choice," I say.

Mum shook her head. "Not always. People have to leave sometimes. Sometimes people feel forced to leave. But, a lot of people actually don't have a choice. Especially teenagers. Maybe because her father died, her mother wanted to move back. I'm not sure. But all I know is that she didn't want to go,"