Interview Guide and Tips!

Hey sorry I have posted in a while but here's another chapter! Sooo I'm definitely not an expert but I did some research recently and hopefully these tips will help you get that job! (Btw these aren't necessarily in order)

INTERVIEW:

1. Have good posture and sit up straight - This makes you look more confident and more interested about the job. 

2. Before leaving the house, try not to wear too many colors or patterns. - Most of the time, it makes you look less professional. (Depending on the job)

3. Try power poses! - This sounds weird but all you do is 'pose' confidently for only about 1-2 minutes. For example, you could pose in the superman position, stand with your legs apart with hands on hips, spread your arms apart like a hugging position, etc. I'd recommend doing these poses in a more 'private' setting like a bathroom stall, car, or at home before the interview. Try it out! If you ever feel small or nervous at any time, these will get you to perk up and feel better. It's scientifically proven!

4. Make eye contact - Most people fail to make eye contact but it's actually really important because it makes you look more assertive and confident, whereas looking away can make you seem shy, uninterested, or even rude. 

5. Speak clearly and loud enough so that the interviewer can understand you. This also gives them a better idea of how you might communicate during the job. 

6. Know the company- Before applying, research and find out as much as you can about your desired job position so that you, first of all, know what you're going for, and so that the interviewer knows you know exactly what you're getting yourself into haha

7. Smile! Show enthusiasm! - A lot of people don't smile and but smiling and being happy portrays confidence and you'll seem a lot more amiable + nice to work with.

8. Try not to fidget too much- It may be a nervous habit, but try to limit touching your hair or face etc. It's pretty self explanatory why this should be limited as much as possible.

9. Don't cross your arms! - You'll look more stubborn and less willing to work for the job. 

10. Do notttt whatsoever explain why you lost your last job if you did! Unless they ask of course. You probably know why.

11. Have ready a verbal description of what you have done that is related to the job you're applying for.  (Daycare job= babysitting experience, actress= school plays, etc.)

12. !! First say what you're good at, and limit saying what you aren't good at. Obviously you don't want to give them an idea of why they shouldn't hire you. But don't lead them into thinking you can do everything, that's not a good trait either. 

13. Talk about your morals- If they ask about your hobbies and outside activities, briefly mention what is important to you. You'll sound more educated and passionate. 

14. Don't ramble - Get to the point when answering questions but still include some short facts about you etc. If they're interested in that particular fact, they'll ask more about it. Rambling will only make you sound more spontaneous and less focused (depending on the job). 

Most commonly asked interview questions:

- What was your experience like at...

- Why do you want to work for us?

- What do you know about our company?

- Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

- What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?

- Why should we hire you for the job?

- Do you have any hobbies?

Hope you learned a little bit! Let me know if you want a resume guide too. Good luck guys! :) 

xoxo Leah 

VOTE

COMMENT 

SHARE

ig: leannaa.lim